01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

FiendFX
Is now TSI? They are usually testable. Book says not testable.

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

kfworry
I agree with Mr. Barry.
I too have seen many mistakes with the white colored Mitchell emissions
control systems manual.
One example: the Mitchell book says my 2005 Mini Cooper S
has an Air Pump. When in fact the ECS label on my Mini
does NOT list an Air Pump.
I agree there are other vehicles made by BMW that have
Air Pumps.
So yes, the book has many flaws.

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

ltq88120
i did one 2007 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD TSI. no deviation so far.

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

FiendFX
2007 corolla not CAN, but system auto bypasses.

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

K20SI
i had one of those corollas last week it wasnt can but got bypassed i wrote it on my invoice in case they say anything

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

FiendFX wrote
2007 corolla not CAN, but system auto bypasses.
Those were the good ol' days. :-)

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

My Name is Nobody
Last week you tested a 2007 Corolla on an OIS and the OIS bypassed the OBD portion of the test?

Is that what you were/are saying?

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

I thought TSI was in default to ASM not OIS? Why would you even consider TSI? Another question how would OIS bypass OBD2 and what would the test look like? Seems like a bunch of nonsense to me?

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

Johnnybeme
Put one over on me! Just a trusting honest technician...........................

Charge more and be happy!

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

My Name is Nobody
Thanks man!

Scanner, WTH you brought the old shit back?

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

LFA Exhaust Tip

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

yea.. now I'm probably getting dinged for bypassing those CAN vehicles with incomplete monitors...

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

Scanner, necro-posted?  RETRo posted or he coulda been just plain out Drosting .

Re: 01-12 Hyundai Santa FE 2.7L FWD

barrym95838 wrote
Many of these vehicles also caused a scale complaint due to the mis-information, which could have theoretically locked me out.

I too, have been getting scale errors sometimes, and I also sometimes have to change the defaulted drive axle, but I never made the correlation between the two! I'll check it out next time I get that threatening screen  and update here.

barrym95838 wrote
If they can't even reliably identify the correct drive axle, how many other errors are lurking in there regarding cut-points, OBD-2 testability, ASM testability, etc.

Just enough to make everyone, including yourself, believe it is your own fault when we red-tag your short terms!  oooooooooooooooooo-weeeeeeeeeeee-oooooooooooooooooo!
If it ain't broke, break it.