02 accord straight pipe

BasicTech678

Failed this vehicle for Catalytic converter tamper, looks like a straight pipe to me. Would you guys also fail it for modification/ tamper to sensor looks like 02 spacer was used to pull the o2 away from exhaust stream

2002 silver 4 door honda accord
All monitors passed

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

none
Fail for sure. Could it be a BAR under cover?

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

Kriss Vector

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

Fail for sure. Could it be a BAR under cover?
sketchy person black shades on little contact. asked for info was his wifes car. did you replace the converter? no. did you recently have your car repaired possibly a shop not repairing properly? nope.
did you just buy the car? nope
ask for price for a new converter tell him hold on i can find out. say never mind its ok. i havent had the car too long. repeats its my wifes car

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

BasicTech678
next time should i also fail for sensor modification because the o2 sensor has a spacer??? its not part of the straight pipe.?

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

StarTech
should be
Tampered cat
Tamper for computer, sensors and switches\wiring

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

BasicTech678 wrote
next time should i also fail for sensor modification because the o2 sensor has a spacer??? its not part of the straight pipe.?
If you consider the spacer to be part of the straight pipe (as I did with the 2000) then you can fail both under cat.  I can't be certain, but I think the most important thing is that you didn't certify it.

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

 As long as you failed it for a tampered catalyst you did your job right.

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

i just checked the license plate # 6yuc123 for the 02 accord i got yesterday, no Tamper results!!!! i smogged it at 11:30 am!!! i checked my last 2 passed inspections of the day both results are up!!!!

can someone check a vehicle they failed yesterday and see if it shows the updated results? even better if you failed a vehicle for a tamper and it was updated today.

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

No smog check history for yesterdays smog test Confirm It Is an Undercover.

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

What area of California was the Accord??

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

BasicTech678
my bar office is located in san jose area. im about 1hour 1/2  south of san jose. near the beach

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

fecadel
this small part (adaptor) 3 dollar or less destroy the entire program....

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

Barry,

Was it an asian teenager girl?

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

Kriss Vector

Re: 02 accord straight pipe

Best Answer I Can Give
 Sorry, he is right. A $3 thing takes out OBD III Roadside\Transmit when the light is on. FAIL.