02 sensor moved

Upnya
2012 F150 comes in with aftermarket converter on passenger bank
EFN# CARB# part# all match.
Then I see the rear 02 sensor has been moved from center of catalyst as seen on OEM Catalyst to the rear.
Opened up PDF and it states no movement of oxygen sensors allowed from original location which is the same as our smog manual states.
Called local field rep and he agreed it had been moved and refer to referee.

Re: 02 sensor moved

Upnya

D-798 was carb# this was in the pdf

Re: 02 sensor moved

Upnya

The hole is where the original oxygen sensor would have been

Re: 02 sensor moved

Fail tempered

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018, 5:13 PM Upnya [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
2012 F150 comes in with aftermarket converter on passenger bank
EFN# CARB# part# all match.
Then I see the rear 02 sensor has been moved from center of catalyst as seen on OEM Catalyst to the rear.
Opened up PDF and it states no movement of oxygen sensors allowed from original location which is the same as our smog manual states.
Called local field rep and he agreed it had been moved and refer to referee.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/02-sensor-moved-tp5068971.html

Re: 02 sensor moved

GreenSmoke
The aftermarket cats that I seen all have the sensor in the same location as oem.  Although the welding looks really good almost like factory and it probably works. But in theory and design, it is recommended that they be in the same spot as oem.  Either the guy has a good factory hand flow or catco or magna flow screwed up in design.

Its probably from CR-V LoL

I would reef him too 👀

High as a kite.  LoL

Re: 02 sensor moved

KeepItReal
Upnya wrote
2012 F150 comes in with aftermarket converter on passenger bank
EFN# CARB# part# all match.
Then it is a pass

Re: 02 sensor moved

BasicTech678
KeepItReal wrote
Upnya wrote
2012 F150 comes in with aftermarket converter on passenger bank
EFN# CARB# part# all match.
Then it is a pass
the catalytic converter is a pass, the o2 sensor is a tamper fail

Re: 02 sensor moved

scanner
BasicTech678 wrote
KeepItReal wrote
Upnya wrote
2012 F150 comes in with aftermarket converter on passenger bank
EFN# CARB# part# all match.
Then it is a pass
the catalytic converter is a pass, the o2 sensor is a tamper fail
Why is the O2 a tamper?  The catalytic converter is approved by the ARB and tacitly the location of the built in O2 bung is approved too.

Re: 02 sensor moved

D Rochells 150861
ARB or AP has the part number and/or EO wrong, go look it up on

http://showmetheparts.com/apexhaust/

Edit, shit I looked it up again and different crap popped up. Something is weird, maybe ARB didn't actually look at the part and realize it conflicts with their statement. The direct fit has the O2 in the correct location but the universal is different.

Re: 02 sensor moved

scanner wrote
BasicTech678 wrote
KeepItReal wrote
Upnya wrote
2012 F150 comes in with aftermarket converter on passenger bank
EFN# CARB# part# all match.
Then it is a pass
the catalytic converter is a pass, the o2 sensor is a tamper fail
Why is the O2 a tamper?  The catalytic converter is approved by the ARB and tacitly the location of the built in O2 bung is approved too.
your right considering it is the built o2 bung location, and the wiring wasnt extended

thank you for the enlightenment scanner i will forever remember this knowledgeable experience you have provided me with in the future of inspecting vehicles. great post too lol

Re: 02 sensor moved

That's what I thought too... The aftermarket on honda accords/odysseys some has o2 bung on the back also.

Re: 02 sensor moved

none
I thought I would post this here and I hope it is OK (I don't mean to derail this thread)

There is a Facebook group that pretty good and has this posted on it also.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/natedavis/?fref=nf&__xts__
I assume that there are a few of us there but I would like to let the rest know
Al

Re: 02 sensor moved

Al
This vehicle went to the referee and they failed it. Customer took it back to ford dealership who installed aftermarket cat per insurance claim. Ford installed factory cat and customer came back for retest.

Re: 02 sensor moved

BasicTech678
Al wrote
what was the cause for the fail? o2 location or wrong converter, a dealership installing aftermarket parts tho????? wtf

I don't facebook. Fucking big brother....

I don't facebook. Fucking big brother....
same here

Re: 02 sensor moved

none
I never said you had to. I just threw out the invite.
Al

Re: 02 sensor moved

Al
BasicTech678 wrote
Al wrote
This vehicle went to the referee and they failed it. Customer took it back to ford dealership who installed aftermarket cat per insurance claim. Ford installed factory cat and customer came back for retest.
what was the cause for the fail? o2 location or wrong converter, a dealership installing aftermarket parts tho????? wtf
02 sensor in different location.

All other info says legal, carb#, part#, engine family#.. But you cannot move location of 02 sensor as per PDF.

Re: 02 sensor moved

Anon A Mouse
I never said you had to. I just threw out the invite.

Thanks for the invite. But facebook is not for me.
No disrespect intended.

Re: 02 sensor moved

I don't FB, but I'm kinda curious.  I wonder if Nate would let me join under my wife's name, mostly just to have a good look around ... I think my wife would be okay with it, but I haven't cleared it through her yet either ...