03 dodge no cat monitor

Al

03 dodge no cat monitor

Al
Customer failed last week for evap code on a 2003 dodge 1500. Came back today and I prechecked monitors to make sure he was ready before retesting. The truck has no Cat monitor.
hooked up to gen 3 esp
shows it conforms to obdII as defined by BAR
VIN 1d7ha18n33j525743
Is this the norm for this type vehicle??

Re: 03 dodge no cat monitor

Something is wrong with the ECM, don't smog it or they will accuse you of fraud.

Re: 03 dodge no cat monitor

timmy
Al wrote
Customer failed last week for evap code on a 2003 dodge 1500. Came back today and I prechecked monitors to make sure he was ready before retesting. The truck has no Cat monitor.
hooked up to gen 3 esp
shows it conforms to obdII as defined by BAR
VIN 1d7ha18n33j525743
Is this the norm for this type vehicle??
Its normal, needs TSB #18-032-10
page 15
https://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/pdf/Smog_Check_OBD_Reference_Lite_Version.pdf

Re: 03 dodge no cat monitor

Thanks timmy.  It looks like you nailed it.

Re: 03 dodge no cat monitor

Al wrote
Customer failed last week for evap code on a 2003 dodge 1500. Came back today and I prechecked monitors to make sure he was ready before retesting. The truck has no Cat monitor.
hooked up to gen 3 esp
shows it conforms to obdII as defined by BAR
VIN 1d7ha18n33j525743
Is this the norm for this type vehicle??
You can test it as is.  If it passes, no harm, no foul.

Interestingly, it has an active Catalyst Monitor, but it doesn't have a readiness indicator.   If the Catalyst goes bad, it sets a P0420 or P0430 code and turns the MIL on.

Re: 03 dodge no cat monitor

The chart says it needs to be fixed and has a lifetime warranty but OIS will ignore the problem...good job BAR.