05 Honda Civic.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Wife has, Oh I mean HAD one. Hybred. Put a battery in it less than a year ago. Wednesday some time during the day the Hybred Battery shorted and burned up the car. Luckily the windows were up so it never flamed. Garage smell BAD but no fire.

 Point to the story? I don't know if I would ever keep a Hybred in my shop over night again. Don't think we will buy another. In 160,000 it was on it's third battery.

 The Civic TRULY has Smoke Tint Windows, now.

Re: 05 Honda Civic.

Re: 05 Honda Civic.

hybred
From the greek (hy - meaning superior) and the latin (bred - meaning 'of breeding') hybred literally means, of superior breeding.

Re: 05 Honda Civic.

Technician A
What battery did you put in?

Re: 05 Honda Civic.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Bought it thru Fast Under Car. Think it was a Dorman. May have been a A! Cardon.

 Just know the car is now JUNK. Did buy the one with the 3 year warranty. Let's now see the hassle I will go thru.

Re: 05 Honda Civic.

Best Answer I Can Give
  battery Some pictures. View from trunk and BAD battery

Re: 05 Honda Civic.

none
Are you sure it was the "HYBRED" battery? Maybe it was the "Cadillatic converter".

Re: 05 Honda Civic.

dcf1ver
Bought it thru Fast Under Car. Think it was a Dorman.
Get what you pay for......

Re: 05 Honda Civic.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Never did like the car to begin with. One of those things you do to stay married for 31 years.

Re: 05 Honda Civic.

dcf1ver
Best Answer I Can Give wrote
Never did like the car to begin with. One of those things you do to stay married for 31 years.
LoL I respect that!!

Re: 05 Honda Civic.

Knitpickens
oh my ! that car is toast ! sorry to hear , did you check to see if it had any  recalls ?