06 jeep liberty..

locopoco
Both ,the Motor book and obd clearing house say its J1850,but I cant communicate with EIS, and when

I used my aftermarket scanner the protocol says CAN.

I am gonna document this and bypass the obd portion of the test.

Have you guys encounter this?

Re: 06 jeep liberty..

FiendFX
it's not CAN. I don't have any problems with those.

Re: 06 jeep liberty..

locopoco
then why the scanner says it is a CAN I have video the whole thing.

Re: 06 jeep liberty..

locopoco
Screw that, I fail the car even though I documented everything I don't want to take the chance of getting dinged.

Re: 06 jeep liberty..

HiTekRednek
The Chrysler wiring info for the 3.7l and 2.8l says it is CAN.  No mention of J1850VPW or PCI Bus on the wiring, just CAN and a whole mess of SCI.

Re: 06 jeep liberty..

locopoco
Thanks for the reply.
I even checked the obd connector diagram and it looks like a Can connector.
I told my customer to wait till I find out more and call me back in couple of hours.
I am sure that its a CAN,but wanna ask the brainiac's on this forum for their experience and knowledge.

Thanks

Re: 06 jeep liberty..

FRUSTRATED
2006 Jeep Liberty is listed on the OBD clearing house list.  I tried to copy the info from a PDF file and it doesn't look good but you will see it is listed there, both the 2.8L & 3.7L.

2006
Chrysler
Jeep
Liberty
2.8 L
J1850
2006
Chrysler
Jeep
Liberty
3.7 L
J1850

Re: 06 jeep liberty..

locopoco
Ok,this is the screen shot of the scanner during communication,note the 15765-4 CAN:

Should I send it to referee or do it myself hoping the star gods have mercy on me.
Of course,I will video the whole thing to have proof in case.

Thanks

Re: 06 jeep liberty..

FRUSTRATED
Just me and someone may disagree, this is a CAN vehicle and you can bypass the OBD test portion.

Re: 06 jeep liberty..

Kriss Vector

Re: 06 jeep liberty..

locopoco
Thanks guys.
A shot in the dark,but is there any phone number besides help desk and my local BAR office to call and get a
definitive answer.
When the customer comes back I will definitely test the car and bypass the obd portion but,
back of my mind I want some assurance.

Re: 06 jeep liberty..

FRUSTRATED
I know there was a BAR blast stating the OBD clearinghouse list would be adopted and used by BAR to identify CAN vehicles.  Perhaps someone with better search protocol than me can locate it.  I simply searched OBD clearinghouse and got the list, once on the page select CAN/Keyless ignition.

Re: 06 jeep liberty..

locopoco
Per Some of the members on IATN, this is a CAN vehicle,which is mistakenly stated as J1850 on OBD clearing house.
So CAN it is gentlemen.

Re: 06 jeep liberty..

Jones