07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

GrossPolluter
Have any of you tried ASM testing these vehicles(07+Chevy,GMC trucks SUVs)? The ECSA manual shows that these vehicles are testable on the dyno. It would test at 15mph but when we try to accel it would not pass 20mph.

how do you guys test these vehicles?

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

autojoe505
is there a trac off button?

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

I know you've been on the forum for awhile now. This has been discussed before.

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

Jones
This post was updated on .
I TSI them all the time. Yes you can ASM them by hitting gas full throttle for a while until ABS light kicks in. But to me thats wrong and might damage trany or my dyno. Doing TSI and writing the reason for TSI on the VIR so are ok.
Don't listen to all those Gurus who love to spins all vehicle on dyno.
TimeOut

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

Centralized Smog
Same as Jon. There are two separate traction system on those vehicles. When you push the button to turn it off, only one is off. The other is still on - stabilitrak. If you really need to dyno it, then spin it above 20 mph a few times until you see the abs light up on the dash.

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

Kriss Vector

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

deviationmaster
Yes I do asm,its a funny statement by bar about NOx reading ...and still introducing DAD

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

smog king101
i always asm them and never had issues with them after.

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

GrossPolluter
autojoe505 wrote
is there a trac off button?

Yes there is. I disengage them all the time but still cant get the vehicles to go over 20mph. I did try to gas a 08 Chevy Silverado over 20 mph, that thing jolted forward and it felt like it was going to hop off the dyno. I don't think I will be doing that again.

I will call BAR Monday to see what they think.  Thanks

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

kfworry
I've performed TSI's on many vehicles, in over 7 1/2 years,
that had traction control issues. The BAR has NEVER questioned me for TSI's.
Yes, I do my best to ASM. But I do not bother calling the BAR Help
Desk. They are NOT "in the trenches" doing the test,
so how can they answer questions about traction control
if they have never experienced it themselves.
See what I mean??

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

Newer BMW's are tricky with their Traction Control.
I read the owners manual regarding the I-Drive Menu to
disengage traction control.
If you do not succeed, just TSI the vehicle.
I do not think BAR will "call you" on it.
They have more important things to do.

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

Monkey
Yes you push the button and yes only the Trac is off but to turn the Stabilitrak off you hold the Button till it says Stabilitrak is off.... A lot of traction controls require you to HOLD the button down to turn it off.

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

Monkey

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

kfworry
Apparently that shop showed a pattern which raised a Red Flag for the BAR to
investigate. With the advent of OIS DAD, NOX will no longer be measured anyway.
That will regress from the main reason why ASM testing was started in the first place.
However, the technician tried to tell the BAR Rep the vehicle was All Wheel Drive,
and the BAR Rep proved otherwise. That was a big mistake on the technicians part.

Re: 07+ Chevy, GMC, Cadillac Trucks and SUV's are they ASM testable?

I would like to add, that "if" the owners manual is available,
I will take the time to refer to the traction control section,
regardless of how much time it takes to figure it out one
way or the other.