08 Ford F 250 Diesel

Best Answer I Can Give
 No Fuel Cap. Fail or Pass.
We rejected. Reason? Don't really know. Can of worms, BIG TIME.

 Diesel, unless it damn near next to freezing will evaporate. May take it long but left out it will go away. That is still HC so, Again Pass or Fail?

 I guess we just past on it was, "It just didn't feel right". Well was I right or wrong.

Re: 08 Ford F 250 Diesel

Kriss Vector

Re: 08 Ford F 250 Diesel

It is vented to atmosphere anyway. Diesel fuel is OIL. It won't evaporate and you can store it for years.

BTW, Have you ever tried to light diesel fuel? If you have a five gallon bucket of it (stirred up or not) and you put a lit match in it the match will go out.

Re: 08 Ford F 250 Diesel

Best Answer I Can Give
 Have you ever thrown a match at COLD gasoline? Same thing, To cold to make vapors.

 I guess I stayed away from it because, it will still evaporate, if heated. The Factory would not have put a cap on it if they didn't have to.

 When the guys on the trash truck would spill, in the valley heat. It would evaporate. I have seen vapors out of HOT Diesel tanks.

 The biggest reason? A BAR PR could sit and argue with you all day long. Why risk it?

Re: 08 Ford F 250 Diesel