1 Year Of $60 OIS Smogs

Re: 1 Year Of $60 OIS Smogs

none
After reading this I think I need to raise my OIS price too. I'm at $34.75+cert and 1/2 price on the retest.

I have raised my BAR97 prices to where I'm currently the highest around I think and waiting for the other shops to catch up.

Re: 1 Year Of $60 OIS Smogs

dcf1ver
805smogtech wrote
dcf1ver wrote
Nice.

We are a T and R and smogs take a back seat to our primary business(repair)

We do OIS only and charge $75 per + certificate.

At that price we dont get a lot of smogs,but its mostly for our regular customers anyhow....
Where I'm at now most shops charge between $40-$50 + cert for OIS and most offer a $29.99+ cert coupons in the local newspapers. Charge $75 in this area and you wouldn't get any ois smogs.
Good thing we are'nt in your area then,isnt it?

We also have a $160 labor rate and $197 for check engine light diagnosis.

As some one said,charge more and be happy!!

Re: 1 Year Of $60 OIS Smogs

805smogtech
dcf1ver wrote
805smogtech wrote
dcf1ver wrote
Nice.

We are a T and R and smogs take a back seat to our primary business(repair)

We do OIS only and charge $75 per + certificate.

At that price we dont get a lot of smogs,but its mostly for our regular customers anyhow....
Where I'm at now most shops charge between $40-$50 + cert for OIS and most offer a $29.99+ cert coupons in the local newspapers. Charge $75 in this area and you wouldn't get any ois smogs.
Good thing we are'nt in your area then,isnt it?

We also have a $160 labor rate and $197 for check engine light diagnosis.

As some one said,charge more and be happy!!
Probably a good thing. This area (as is the case in many others i'm sure) does NOT need anymore smog shops opening up. lol

 Seems you have a higher end clientele that is willing to pay you more for your services. I mostly work on beaters. It sucks working in a poor area of the state that is over saturated with smog shops, but the pay is ok compared to other jobs i've had were i did a lot more physical work.

Re: 1 Year Of $60 OIS Smogs

defective
That GROSS amount makes it look worse than it is.  Im gonna just assume all those cars passed to make it easy.  After $8.25 certificates, your NET difference is only $4758.

Re: 1 Year Of $60 OIS Smogs

Best Answer I Can Give
 Now how about the shop that is lucky to do 15 a day at $33.75 plus Cert. Try to pay the bills on that.

Re: 1 Year Of $60 OIS Smogs

Able
WealdstoneRaider wrote
How much is your lease in OC? Is the 205k enough to feed you & your worker?

Got lucky, lease is $1100 for 874 sqft not bad, its 2 bays, one for office and another for smog. Lots of parking and lots of traffic as its in an auto plaza.

most of the guys I talked to are paying $3600-5500 in rent a month! thats crazy overhead for me.

Re: 1 Year Of $60 OIS Smogs

StarTech
I charge 69 for OIS
79 for 96-99
~88 for 94 and older

Re: 1 Year Of $60 OIS Smogs

No One
do those prices include certs?

Re: 1 Year Of $60 OIS Smogs

StarTech
yes if you were asking me

Re: 1 Year Of $60 OIS Smogs

planters
Those cheap 30 to 40 dollar smog shops tend to be located in bad areas where rents are a lot cheaper.
They can afford to charge less because their costs are lower. So if someone doesn't mind going to the ghetto or to some run down hole in the wall to save a few bucks then go for it.

Or they are a smog and repair shop attracting to people with cheap smog so they can fix your car when it fails and make a lot more money off you. They make money on the repairs.
12