1 smog so far

CAsmog
What’s going on only 1 smog so far, how are other places doing?

Re: 1 smog so far

user7112
Its all good bro
not just you
slow as heck over here

Re: 1 smog so far

smog frogposter
Had two, plus one smart ass that didn't want to pay for a diagnosis because he did not want to waste any money on us by "Just looking at it"

Re: 1 smog so far

No One
smog frogposter wrote
Had two, plus one smart ass that didn't want to pay for a diagnosis because he did not want to waste any money on us by "Just looking at it"
Should have told him to Chewgle it and then come back for the repairs.

Re: 1 smog so far

defective

Re: 1 smog so far

We are NOT slow here (East of Sacramento) and it will still be over 100 degrees for the next seven days at least. I don't know why it is so busy here.

Re: 1 smog so far

Best Answer I Can Give
  Little less than normal @4 less. Almost put on a coat @1:00. May have hit 78 degrees.

Re: 1 smog so far

dcf1ver
defective wrote
Ha this is great!!

Re: 1 smog so far

We are NOT slow here (East of Sacramento) and it will still be over 100 degrees for the next seven days at least. I don't know why it is so busy here.
I glad some of us are bringing in the cheddar

Re: 1 smog so far

BayAreaSmogTech
CAsmog wrote
What’s going on only 1 smog so far, how are other places doing?
I've had to turn down walk-ins and start scheduling them a week out. It's been a little overwhelming here and I'd rather make my money on the repair side which is also crazy busy right now.

Re: 1 smog so far

If your a test only, I would start learning another trade, that industry is dieing

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020, 1:32 PM CAsmog [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
What’s going on only 1 smog so far, how are other places doing?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/1-smog-so-far-tp5081735.html

Re: 1 smog so far

dcf1ver
Kevin wrote
If your a test only, I would start learning another trade, that industry is
dieing
I think the problem with TOs are that there are so many now, and a lot are run by people who dont know the difference between a carburetor and an alternator.....

Re: 1 smog so far

No One
dcf1ver wrote
Kevin wrote
If your a test only, I would start learning another trade, that industry is
dieing
I think the problem with TOs are that there are so many now, and a lot are run by people who dont know the difference between a carburetor and an alternator.....
I agree with you on there being too many test onlys shops right next to each other muddying the waters for us that try our best to be the best at what we do, but you can make money doing test only if you know how to tap into it and give customers what they want to hear in order to make their fails bearable. Look at ppl on here like NONE and others who do 30 smogs a day.

Re: 1 smog so far

none
There is still more money in repair though since you make money on the parts also. When I did European auto repair on some jobs I would make more $ on the parts mark up than on the labor but still do good on the labor end.

Re: 1 smog so far

We're slow today which is odd since it's near the end of the month.

Re: 1 smog so far

We're slow today which is odd since it's near the end of the month.
when you say slow do you mean 15 cars so far?