1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Joe

1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Joe
Your job is to find the one car that comes in to your shop with one of those missing parts on it.
You don't win anything if you find it, but if you don't, YOU LOSE YOUR JOB, BUSINESS, in some cases, everything.
You're telling me that this is normal?
What should be done so that someone outside BAR can see this?
Talk to an attorney. Sue the state for loss, emotional etc.

If no one does anything BAR will keep doing what it's doing.

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Just the Facts
Joe

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Joe
This post was updated on .
Installing NEW stop signs on drivers' daily routes, behind trees and making drivers obey those signs when they aren't even visible, or barely visible, then taking their license away when they don't stop for the hidden or barely visible stop sign.
Okay with that?
No, not okay with that!

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Hey Facts man

Last time I heard that bottom line comment was from a BAR rep. What makes you think that we just put up or shut up? Enforcement is not only out of control but it affects the integrity of those trying to do an increasingly hard job. You make light and say if you cannot stand the heat get out of the fire? WTF? I say control the fire so it provides warmth and does not burn the house down. Saying that we broke xyz section of the health and safety code when all we did was make a mistake? Educate, don't intimidate! Fraud yes jail them, but human error? Really? Who's is left that will be perfect enough for you? I kind of wish I could be a hard ass like you but as your experience quote says, I have been there.

JM
Joe

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Joe
Just the facts. Are you currently a tech or shop owner? Not previously.

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

The facts guy is most likely a retired instructor i'm sure.

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Just the Facts

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Johnnybeme
And your EI number is?????

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Just the Facts

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Johnnybeme
That is because you want to remain anonymous? Or........ is it because you really have no business giving opinion when you have no experience?

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

justa
Banned User

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Based on Jtf posts and his know it all demeanor he is or was an automotive instructor. Since he states he knows Robert Waller he probably works at Uti in Rancho. There is an instructor there that works there and also is a pr1. A little stubby red guy.Most likely jtf licence is active but has been years since he's used it.

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Jtf you work in the San Diego County area don't you? Iyou
Joe

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Joe
The "obeying all the stop signs argument? That would be fine if there were only the few stop signs that I have to obey.
The BAR is requiring that we know, fresh out of school, a new tech,  every single vacuum hose and every single part on every single make and every single model vehicle. That is a million different scenarios!
Is that possible? NO IT IS NOT, even if we had all the book info we need, AND WE DON"T, look at our MOTOR book, FLAWED! Alldata FLAWED! all reference material FLAWED!
If BAR is going to put that burden on even the new tech then where is the reference material we need to do our job? Because MOTOR isn't it, Mitchell isn't it, Alldata isn't it, because even all the reference material combined is flawed, If BAR is going to put that burden on us then shouldn't there be a respected source for info so we can do a proper inspection, but there isn't they are all proven to be flawed and incomplete.
How can you command that we do a proper inspection on 10,000 different scenarios and not give us a complete reference!
You give us the MOTOR book as a reference.
You guy's that use the MOTOR book, is it a joke or what?
Look up ten cars evap locations, and the get back to me, it is a joke.

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

justa
Banned User

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Just the Facts

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

Kriss Vector

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

justa
Banned User

Re: 1000 individual parts under the hood of a car, 100's of makes and models

smgmn
Bravo JTF :) lol, hey Joe all we need to do is respect each other, not try to out do one another, AND NOT WORRY IF BAR IS USING GROUPN OR NOT LOL!!!!!>>>> sorry i could not help that :) In all seriousness, when a tech ot someone that wants to get into the smog inspection business and start out as test only, i tell them go get a job fixing cars and learn where everything is first and maybe avoid the whole smog business if you can. Im stuck in it for now but its better than being unemployed, any help you need Joe just ask, and JTF is obviously a good guy and someone you want as a friend and i dont blame him for not giving out his #. I know people who work at bar and arb so i have to lay low.

Mark