12restarts four aborts

All back to back same year truck 2004 ,same model dodge ram one slt the other regular. I hate the gas pedal on these they are so friggin sensitive! Does anyone know if we are allowed to use cruise control and anybody else have problems with these?  Great way to start Feb.

Re: 12restarts four aborts

FiendFX
those are hard. you just gotta hold your breathe longer. :)

Re: 12restarts four aborts

RussellJames

Re: 12restarts four aborts

I agree with Russell ... one abort and I'm done with the f**kin thing.  I have had some luck resting the outside of my right foot firmly on the trans tunnel, and feathering the throttle by rocking my foot side-to-side from my knee rather than flexing my ankle, but some are just too touchy.

My last abort was a POS Lumina APV with no Reverse, and I didn't realize until it was too late that it had NO Third as well!

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: 12restarts four aborts

Jones
This post was updated on .
with my BAR OIS smogdaddy. (Beta Testing) No more ASM No TSI, No traction control, No timing, No Gas Cap, No Engine Size, No front or rear wheel drive. No Calibration, No warmup time. No lockouts. No air compressor. List is long. I hope it stays for some time. Yes now I have more time for visuals. Bravo BAR-OIS
TimeOut

Re: 12restarts four aborts

Thanks  folks , was beginning to think I had lost my twinkle toe touch.

Re: 12restarts four aborts

ltq88120
i left foot the brake sometime.

Re: 12restarts four aborts

GrossPolluter
Left foot on brake works for me. But I know something u might not know

What analyzer are you using? We are running a ESP 2nd GEN, secret to NO ABORTS. Reset the analyzer,(NOT a hard reboot) not with the big red switch behind the machine, button in front. This will set you back a few minutes but as long as you don't send in the abort, you will not get hit for any.

Our tech is new, he started training back in June last year, Aborted 3-4 times a day. I told him about this and his abort counts were down, he is a quick learner. Doesn't abort as much but when he does, he uses this and in the past few months, 1 to no aborts.

Re: 12restarts four aborts

Karupt
Thanks GP and friends !