1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

Smogtech
Anybody know the location of the evap canister?  thanks

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

none
If it is California it should be right behind the driver's side headlight.

If it is FED there will be no tube running forward I believe.

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

Smogtech
it a FED I can't find canister anywhere. I see only 1 line from the tank go up front.
Thanks None.

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

Troll
ask any pr1 guy-
they'll know for sure

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

Fed doesn't require evap on a truck in 76-77.

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

Smogtech
Thanks None.  Where can I get the information fed 77 and older truck no evap system?

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

Smogtech
I asked because the customer failed else where for missing evap system.  I checked most everything looking original, I only found 1 line from the tank go up to the engine.  no evap can

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

none
I gave you bad information. A C10(2wd) is under 6000 GVWR and does require EVAP. The one I was think of that I did on Thursday was a K10 (4wd) and was 6200 GVWR.

I am really sorry for telling you that without looking it up.
iha

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

iha
The Canister information is in the Motor Manual. Segregates by weight as None noted.

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

justa
Banned User

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

smog man
Just another shop owner. What does looking something up in a book, have to do with test centers? Sounds like you think your shit don't stink, and your too good to ask someone for help. So why are you here on the Stop The Star Program forum?

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

justa
Banned User

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

Smogtech
just another shop.  I noticed lately you are not the same guy. See your previously post 2 weeks back.  I did looked it up, but sometime the book not that accurate. I just want to give my customer correct information, If I know I wouldn't ask.

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

Smogtech

He gave enough information. I screwed up by trying to go by memory rather than look it up and gave bad information.

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

Smogtech
just another shop owner wrote
Yes so some things in my life are not good. The last two weeks have been shitty.

 But DUDE you asked a question. What year, make model, engine size, GVWR. Cal or FED. You want help? Give us some info so we can help.

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

Smogtech
Thanks None for the information,  I gave it to my friend mechanic. He asked me to take a look for him, I was a little busy and not looking into the books, my bad.  "I also told him to close down his shop until he can locate the evap system>" j/k

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

justa
Banned User

Re: 1976-77 chevy c10 evap canister.

none
I'm NOT trying to argue with you. I am taking the blame. I SCREWED UP.

He stated it was a C10, not a C20 or K10 or a "78 C 2500". He only asked for EVAP location and I gave him bad information and said it didn't have one. CAL or FED doesn't matter, It should have EVAP.