1976 BMW 2002 Does this Vehicle Have A Evap Canister?

1976 BMW 2002 Does this Vehicle Have A Evap Canister?

BlueSky
1976 BMW 2002 Vac Diagram

I can't find an Evap Canister under hood.  Nothing under battery.  Nothing shown in vac diagram.  But the Motor ECS guide shows it has one.  Anyone know for sure?

Thanks

Re: 1976 BMW 2002 Does this Vehicle Have A Evap Canister?

Sorry for the delay.  I have Motor and Mitchell, and they both claim that the '76 2002 should have a canister.

Motor goes into slightly more detail, claiming that the canister is "under the hood".
Mitchell goes into slightly more detail, claiming that CA cars have had a canister since MY 1970, and FED cars since 1971.

I'm sorry I can't find anything else that appears to be of much use.  I would have probably rejected it.

Re: 1976 BMW 2002 Does this Vehicle Have A Evap Canister?

BlueSky
Thanks Michael for trying.

I also told the customer to make and appt with the ref to verify equipment (Evap Canister).

The car failed for high NOX too.

Re: 1976 BMW 2002 Does this Vehicle Have A Evap Canister?

BlueSky
From what I remember it was located either under the battery tray or mounted low on the drivers side fenderwell in the engine compartment and it looked like this....
1976 BMW 2002 Evap Canister

Hopefully the customer will see the ref for their opinion.

Re: 1976 BMW 2002 Does this Vehicle Have A Evap Canister?

I know its too late but I took a picture for you.

Re: 1976 BMW 2002 Does this Vehicle Have A Evap Canister?

909Wrench
None, I'm thinking if this car has a canister and it's as obvious as your picture shows, he wouldn't be having a problem finding it.  Otherwise, he needs to get some eye glasses.

Re: 1976 BMW 2002 Does this Vehicle Have A Evap Canister?

Now that's a real turd of a car.Only thing worse is its bigger brother- the  bavaria's.
and do you use a streamlight flashlight to help locate stuff?

Re: 1976 BMW 2002 Does this Vehicle Have A Evap Canister?

The interesting part is that his does not show it on the label and the car I showed was a Federal model with a black emissions label and no diagram.

Re: 1976 BMW 2002 Does this Vehicle Have A Evap Canister?

BlueSky
Thanks None.
If the canister was in that location I wouldn't have asked.  I'll have to see if the guy ever got the car to pass.

I checked and it shows it passed yesterday 4-3-18.

Re: 1976 BMW 2002 Does this Vehicle Have A Evap Canister?

none
At least you didn't pass it and ,YES, I figured if it was there you wouldn't have asked. That is why I showed it.

I passed the one I did on 4-3-18 but it wasn't white. It had a smog legal Weber and the thermo-reactor was still on it.