1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

StarTech

Books says it has it but there’s no spot for it.

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

none
California only per Mitchell

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

StarTech
Where would it be if not on the gauge cluster ?

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

none
Very bottom right. just right of the seat belt light

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

StarTech
Any chance you could post a source of where u got that info? I’m trying to help out a tech and I’m not at work right now :/

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

none
ALLDATA, I will send a picture in a minute.

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

StarTech
Thank you .

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

Shoot me a text at (530)906-6452 and I will send you a picture from ALLDATA.

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

Smokey-cheken

According to Alldata

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

none
It was a federal car. MITCHELL shows that MIL is California only BUT MOTOR makes no note that a federal car does not require a MIL.

This is why I alternate between MOTOR and MITCHELL every year when I buy the new application book.

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

Best Answer I Can Give
 The question is, Why did you need to look in the book for that person?
Better than half these post can be looked up. It's all out there. Either books or the Net.

WHAT THE HECK? He asked a relevant smog question and got an answer. You post endless hypothetical question and endless rants that are about nothing. Are you the only one who is allowed to post a question on here?

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

Best Answer I Can Give
 You went for the point I was trying to POINT OUT.

 YOU None. Me, Scanner, D , Several people, BUY as in put out time and money. You SPEND the MONEY to BUY the books. You have SPENT the time and MONEY so he CAN BEAT YOUR PRICE

 You BUY different books every year so you can be a better Tech. And what does it get you?

 One of the SMARTEST and Fucking BEST guy on this site, YOU NONE. WHY? Because you want to learn. You are willing to put out what it takes and WE who KNOW this SHIT get screwed by guys who can't tell you how to tell if it is OBD I or OBD II Can't take the F ing time to look in a book. A QUESTION that can be answered by doing what you did. Now that doesn't piss you off?

 Fucked up AIN'T IT?

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

StarTech
Dude calm down. I have alldata , I have a new motor book, I have a slightly outdated Mitchell book. I have on demand as well. I wasn’t at work or had access to my work tools. I’m helping a tech with cars waiting and he can’t access my computer, why wouldn’t I ask here ? It’s faster and we are a network of techs to help each other. Why would you bash on anyone helping another person? It meant a lot to me that he took the time to help me and the guy at work out.   Sometimes you get an oddball car and you want to do the best you can so I applaud the tech for reaching out and calling me and I’m very thankful that NONE went out of his way to even sending me his phone number to send me pictures so I can have the tech do his job accurately. It shows that None actually gives a shit about cars being tested right. Imagine if you passed that car two years ago.. and the tech who needed help would have otherwise failed it and dinged your score but instead because of someone generously helping another human being , your score was saved. Not everything is about money.  If I could make your days easier I would as well.

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

No One
we need like and dislike features on this site for comments

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

StarTech wrote
[...]
you dont need to explain shit to him, great post actually gets our minds going, i was busy or i would off done some digging my self, older cars like that benz its on the dash, grab ur flashlight you can tell if it has it or not. no biggie you got the help u were looking for.

keep posting anytime you need help, i rather have post like these over useless personal rants. when he gets stumped he moves on and starts a new thread. there is a reason he has his own rant thread to stop the clutter of nonsense he post on here. just a selfish ol man.

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

No One wrote
we need like and dislike features on this site for comments
so many dislikes the thread get deleted that would be awesome. if it wasnt for sympathy i feel he would of been banned already. he got shook once and left the site then came back a complete ass. combine both his accounts 25% or more are all his topics about 2% is helpful to anyone else the rest is just personal rants.

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

Best Answer I Can Give
 All the books, all the info in the world DON"T MEAN SHIT if you can't or won't use it. None found it in a BOOK.

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

Troll
Agree with Grandmaster B.  We went through that year and federal model 15 years ago.  We found out we had to buy both books to do our job right, and to actually look into them when the car was in for a smog. We do have a 89 subaru where we put sticky notes on both books so when this piece of shit comes in every 2 years-we don'thave to spend 1 hour looking for oddball shit.
Point being- most inspectors out there are too lazy, or too involved with their dumb phone to do the job correctly.

Re: 1992 Mercedes SL 3.0 (Does it have MIL)

Best Answer I Can Give
 Several of use KNEW that answer off the top of our heads. WHY?  Once upon a time only had books to look at.
Telling me you had all the stuff tells me you need to learn how to use it. Waste of MONEY to  JUST LET IT SIT.