1994 honda accord.

timsmog
 Can you guys tell me what could be the problems?

Re: 1994 honda accord.

scanner
timsmog wrote
 Can you guys tell me what could be the problems?
Put a meter/scope on the oxygen sensor while you have it in manual mode and see if it's switching.  Heck, you should be able to do it with a scanner too.

Here's a 95 Ford Aerostar.  The O2 sensor died when the test switched to 25 mph.

Re: 1994 honda accord.

No One
The car was obviously ran cold

Re: 1994 honda accord.

timsmog
This is his second test and its already warm up. After the first test he already replace the oxygen sensor. Poor guy doesn't have a lot of money, just trying to help him out.

Re: 1994 honda accord.

timsmog wrote
This is his second test and its already warm up. After the first test he already replace the oxygen sensor. Poor guy doesn't have a lot of money, just trying to help him out.
help him out by finding some one whos gonna run diagnostics on the car. we dont know the repair history of the vehicle or what has been done other than the o2 sensor

co that high cat might be dead, but thats not the only problem nor the fix

Re: 1994 honda accord.

timsmog
I did , they want to charge him $125 to check it out. Also, i told him about the CAP Program too. Probably, the guy doesnt't have any paper. I think he going to go to one of those crooked smog.

Re: 1994 honda accord.

scanner
timsmog wrote
I did , they want to charge him $125 to check it out. Also, i told him about the CAP Program too. Probably, the guy doesnt't have any paper. I think he going to go to one of those crooked smog.
How hot was it running at idle?

If it was overheating during the 15mph, it would go into Open Loop to cool the engine off.

Re: 1994 honda accord.

timsmog wrote
I did , they want to charge him $125 to check it out...
One hour labor only? That seems cheap for around here. Most charge 2 hours check out on a G/P.

Re: 1994 honda accord.

You're making things hard on your score when you try to help them out with advise, which is illegal to do if you're a test only.

Re: 1994 honda accord.

timsmog wrote
I did , they want to charge him $125 to check it out...
One hour labor only? That seems cheap for around here. Most charge 2 hours check out on a G/P.
oooo 2 hour min i like that lol

Re: 1994 honda accord.

Re: 1994 honda accord.

No One
advise = opinion until the customer gets pissed off for listening to you.

Re: 1994 honda accord.

Re: 1994 honda accord.

timsmog
Who said it's illegal to tell them what could be the problem for their car? I'm just trying to help the guy with financial hardship. I know that you guy have to charge for your hard work but sometime, there is an exception. U never know if u need help someday. Thanks anyway, the guy gone, don't know what going to happened to him, driving without tag , got pull over by cop.... ???

Re: 1994 honda accord.

Where is the car located? Fuel & Ignition systems need diagnostic, is the catalytic converter original?

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019, 10:03 AM timsmog [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
 Can you guys tell me what could be the problems?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/1994-honda-accord-tp5075714.html

Re: 1994 honda accord.

timsmog
He had left already Kevin . He was waiting with me for 2 hours for help on this forum. I definitely tell him to check his fuel and ignition system if he come back. Catalytic Converter is original.

Re: 1994 honda accord.

scanner
timsmog wrote
He had left already Kevin . He was waiting with me for 2 hours for help on this forum. I definitely tell him to check his fuel and ignition system if he come back. Catalytic Converter is original.
Why would you be checking the catalytic converter when you have over 15% CO2 @ 25mph?

You have almost 5% CO @ 15mph, why in the world would the cat come to mind?

You may be TO, but you must have taken basic engine performance, correct?

Re: 1994 honda accord.

Pfft, boo-hoo.

If you really cared so much and felt sorry for him, you would/could have cleaned piped it free of charge. But then you can end up like this guy from youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFg751IVxeY

Re: 1994 honda accord.

Could a few plugged EGR ports be causing this when it dumps too much exhaust into one or two cylinders under load and the oxygen sensor sees all the O2 from the missfire and runs it rich? At 25 mph the load is light so it wouldn't missfire.

But there isn't much HC at 15mph so I don't know.

Re: 1994 honda accord.

Could a few plugged EGR ports be causing this when it dumps too much exhaust into one or two cylinders under load and the oxygen sensor sees all the O2 from the missfire and runs it rich? At 25 mph the load is light so it wouldn't missfire.

But there isn't much HC at 15mph so I don't know.
I suppose it's possible, but I think that would be unlikely.  I'm going to give the OP enough credit to recognize a misfire, and assume he would have reported it before putting up the numbers.

Depending on the severity of the restriction, assuming a misfire,  I would think NOx would rise from the mixture imbalance.

Look at the reported A/F ratio, it's way off @ 15 mph.   The machine is wrong though.   I calculate Lambda @ 25mph to be 0.997 and the A/F is 14.65 not the 14.3 on the screen.