1994 mustang

Smogtech
Evap test 1994 mustang ?     Car failed for evap and purge solenoid line torn

1995 mustang no!

Re: 1994 mustang

Thick6
no EVAP test on a 94, canister is inside the fender

Re: 1994 mustang

dmlusmc
From my understanding and research the 94 and 95 hyundai elantra evap canister is in the right fender as well as this one would probably require removal of the wheel well to access which is not required for evap visual or functional test

Re: 1994 mustang

Hard Nox
N/A on LPFE Functional Test

Fail Visual Inspection

Visual failure needs to be repaired

Re: 1994 mustang

I agree, It sound like a visual fail to me.

Re: 1994 mustang

Smogtech
thanks all

Re: 1994 mustang

jvolman
technically it can be done.  Open the passenger door and voila, pilers fit too

Re: 1994 mustang

D Rochells 150861
Well if BAR interprets the No EVAP Disassembly Rule to mean we don't have to do cap visual on 96+, I'm sure opening the door is equivalent. You know that plastic cover on some Fords above the can? NO DISASSEMBLE.

But if you get a car with the fender liner missing you would have to do it I guess.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 1994 mustang

Smogtech
Can you see the pinch line location from opened the passenger door?.  Thanks JVolman

here the pic from google search

Re: 1994 mustang

jvolman
with a flash light im usually able to.

Re: 1994 mustang

Best Answer I Can Give
 Again the Horse Shit about this.
Right in the program, Check the Evap. No yes or no. Don't know where to check it or how, click on a help button.

 NO well 90% did. It should be DO IT. HERE IS THE WAY IT IS DONE.

Re: 1994 mustang

dmlusmc
Yes I would test it if the finder line in missing since that would then make it accessible

Re: 1994 mustang

D Rochells 150861
Yeah, but I would fail it for tampered then cause that fender liner traps hydrocarbons, or so I've been told.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 1994 mustang

Hard Nox
NO Tamper for missing fender liner.

No Effect on Emissions in my opinion. Thinking of some scenarios to compare Canisters that are mounted exposed to the elements.

That same Mustang a couple years earlier, mounted down low R.Side Front of engine compartment.
Mid 90s Dodge full size van, mounted L.Side Frame Rail.
Mid 80s GM passenger cars, mounted L.Side Engine Compartment.

If any of you been doing Emission Services since the early days, Remember maintenance T.U. service, replacing Canister Filter along with Spark Plugs and Points @ 12K intervals.

All these Canisters and then some are mounted Exposed to the Elements.

Then again, Only My Opinion. You know what they say about Opinions.

Re: 1994 mustang

Anon A Mouse
If I remember correctly the purge and vapor lines break out of the fender in the same location in the engine compartment. Near the firewall. You can pinch off there.

But I also test all thunderbirds, the s-10's with the canister  by the rear wheel,  and all motorhomes.

Re: 1994 mustang

D Rochells 150861
Can you do seal verification if it fails though? Those balloons aren't just for smuggling drugs it seems.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 1994 mustang

Anon A Mouse wrote

But I also test all thunderbirds, the s-10's with the canister  by the rear wheel,  and all motorhomes.
A TO shop got a finger wagged at them by BAR for doing EVAP functional on Chevy Blazers and  S-10's if they had the canister in the rear.

Re: 1994 mustang

Best Answer I Can Give
 Yes but, were they really doing the test, or had a junk gas tank on the side?

 The shop that does 100% Evap. That's the shop that is cheating.

Re: 1994 mustang

Smogtech
I evap them all motor home with single can