1995 Chevy S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

BlueSky
This post was updated on .
This vehicle has the canister located on the drivers side rear above the differential.  The hose connections are in the frame channel.  This vehicle is not listed in the BARs locater.  Would you do a LPFET test on it?

Re: 1995 Chevey S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

I think the rule should be, if you have lost a pair of pliers it is NA, therefore 95 S10 is NA.

And for the ten billionth time, that locator CD is a suggestion and BAR said it was not to be trusted as they are douchebags.

Re: 1995 Chevey S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

BlueSky
D wrote
I think the rule should be, if you have lost a pair of pliers it is NA, therefore 95 S10 is NA.

And for the ten billionth time, that locator CD is a suggestion and BAR said it was not to be trusted as they are douchebags.
I know that.  I was just trying to find out if anyone would crawl under or jack up the rear to get access to the hoses to test it.

Re: 1995 Chevey S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

I don't test them and have never been dinged for it.

Re: 1995 Chevey S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

Anon A Mouse
How many of you are testing the linear egr on these?

Re: 1995 Chevey S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

BlueSky
I don't test them and have never been dinged for it.
Thanks, I've never been dinged either.  A local shop failed this vehicle for a small leak in the system.  The customer took it to the shop next to me and they tested the evap and found no leaks.  The owner of the S10 asked me if I could test the vehicle and I told him we didn't need to test the evap on that vehicle and his vehicle was falsely failed.  I told him to contact the BAR.

Re: 1995 Chevey S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

Anon A Mouse wrote
How many of you are testing the linear egr on these?
I DO. http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/linear-egr-testing-td5032323.html#a5032408

Re: 1995 Chevy S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

INLANDSMOG
I own one, N/A

Re: 1995 Chevy S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

I meet a lot of S10 owners who drive them because they are too stubborn to admit they should have bought a Toyota 20 or 30 years ago.

Re: 1995 Chevy S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

none
WTF D?  He was trying to help is what I got from that post.

Re: 1995 Chevy S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

Nothing personal, I too am too stubborn to buy Toyotas when I should.

Re: 1995 Chevy S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

none
I have a few Toyotas. One I fixed by putting a Chevrolet engine in it. It runs way better now.

Re: 1995 Chevy S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

Didn't it have a knockoff Chevrolet engine in it to begin with?

Re: 1995 Chevy S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

Best Answer I Can Give
 The car that was improved the best with a Chevy change over? Jag.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: 1995 Chevy S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

The 2 most reliable engines ever in GM products have both been from Japan though.

D. True on both statements.

Re: 1995 Chevy S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

Smogtech
N/A.  Some will test and failed

Re: 1995 Chevy S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

Best Answer I Can Give
 What kills me the most about ALL OF THIS CRAP. BAR Didn't F ing KNOW.

 Why was this post even started? YOU CAN'T DO IT. But NO we will see what the 90% did.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: 1995 Chevy S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

BlueSky
Best Answer I Can Give wrote
What kills me the most about ALL OF THIS CRAP. BAR Didn't F ing KNOW.

 Why was this post even started?
Since there is no info to be found on whether this vehicle should have and evap test, I was trying to manufacture some from smog techs to help this 85 year old man.  Maybe with this info the smog shop that failed him will see they were wrong and retest for free.  This poor old man spent $50 for the failed smog, $50 for the shop next door to tell him there is no leak in the fuel evap system, if this will help this man then I feel good to.

I told the owner of the S-10 to ask for a refund for the $50 they made him waste to check the evap system for leaks when in fact it was not leaking.

Plus I gave him the contact info so he could file a complaint with the BAR if necessary.

I appreciate all the helpful info you guys have shared.

Re: 1995 Chevy S10 Pickup Fuel Evap Test

The complaint needs to be against BAR, they really did tell us to figure it out on our own. It is technically testable, but one has to crawl under the bed to do it. We have had BAR reps tell us it is not fair to fat techs so don't test such things, but then there are techs who haven't read the EVAP manual and test everything.

Telling us to figure it out on our own has actually released quite a bit of HC into the atmosphere due to all the attempts on systems that aren't testable.
12