1995 Chevy Tahoe CAT E.O. cant see

mdpepper
1995 Chevy Tahoe  after market CAT E.O. cant see the number because its scratched from road debris or dirt, rust ... The owner of the truck said it was installed 6 years ago. I tried to clean it no luck. I can see some partial numbers but cant get an E.O. number,,, I failed it under defective.. anybody has got something similar ?

Re: 1995 Chevy Tahoe CAT E.O. cant see

smog frogposter
All the time, normally it would be failed under Tamper and you make a note on the invoice for the aftermarket Catalyst with illegible CARB labeling after we have asked our local BAR field rep how to approach this scenario. We were told by the rep to advise the customer to seek the referee.

Re: 1995 Chevy Tahoe CAT E.O. cant see

I see a lot of cats that have the number on top too (but not all). I would check before I fail them.

Re: 1995 Chevy Tahoe CAT E.O. cant see

Evil Morty
pre obd2 doesnt need right eo
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: 1995 Chevy Tahoe CAT E.O. cant see

none
Evil Morty wrote

woops meant engine group number
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: 1995 Chevy Tahoe CAT E.O. cant see

TheSmogDog
If i cant read it ill usually just punt em and have em go to whoever passed it last time.