1996 f250 monitors

Al

1996 f250 monitors

Al
Customer has 1996 f250 California Obd2 cert truck. Has rear 02 sensor. Will not set any monitors after 3 weeks of driving.
She is looking for a shop in Sacramento area to check it out.

Re: 1996 f250 monitors

Able
In situation like this, can and should we smog with Bar97 and enter "no functional test?"

I did one before, but it had a bar/referee label and letter.

Re: 1996 f250 monitors

Kevin
Drive cycle criteria is probably not being met it maybe driving habits or a bad sensor or even a bad thermostat all these could factor in plus a few other factors needs to be looked at by a competent mechanic

Re: 1996 f250 monitors

Al wrote
Customer has 1996 f250 California Obd2 cert truck. Has rear 02 sensor. Will not set any monitors after 3 weeks of driving.
She is looking for a shop in Sacramento area to check it out.
You might post this on Mr. Nate's Facebook page.  There are techs from Sacramento that probably would be willing to look at the truck.

Just for the heck of it, have the customer drive it for a few miles.  Have them go back to your shop, and check the monitors without shutting it off.   If a monitor has run, and clears after shut down, you might not be getting power to pin 55 at the ECM.

Re: 1996 f250 monitors

BayAreaSmogTech
Sounds like a bad thermostat or ect.

Re: 1996 f250 monitors

Juicebox
I've seen that a few times on 96 F-150's. The keep alive memory inside the computer goes bad, so the monitors reset every time the keys turned off.

Re: 1996 f250 monitors

BasicTech678
Juicebox wrote
I've seen that a few times on 96 F-150's. The keep alive memory inside the computer goes bad, so the monitors reset every time the keys turned off.
hello Mr. Simpson welcome to the forum

Re: 1996 f250 monitors

Juicebox
haha thanks. Been lurking for over a year or so, figured I'd start contributing.