1996 mercedes 320

CHRIS
Hi

Do you guys run the car on the dino or you do it TSI as the book says don't test it on the dino.  Because I have seen some tech run them on the dino

Re: 1996 mercedes 320

444O444
any car that the traction can be turned off or not all time 4 wheel drive i run on dyno

Re: 1996 mercedes 320

CHRIS wrote
Hi

Do you guys run the car on the dino or you do it TSI as the book says don't test it on the dino.  Because I have seen some tech run them on the dino
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2013/MC-10135791-9999.pdf

Read page 2.  What you do is up to you.

Re: 1996 mercedes 320

defective
Ive gone by the above TSB for years with no issue from BAR.

Re: 1996 mercedes 320

444O444
i would like to work with you to get more experience scanner
it looks like you know a lot about the cars and most importantly you know how find the right answer. i really admire that quality

Re: 1996 mercedes 320

You need to join the scanner fanboy club first and wait for your turn.  He might be the man, but he's still just a man behind the myths and legends.

Re: 1996 mercedes 320

BasicTech678
barrym95838 wrote
You need to join the scanner fanboy club first and wait for your turn.  He might be the man, but he's still just a man behind the myths and legends.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107
still think scanner is rick escalambre i mean has anyone seen them in the same room, didnt think so

Rick and I have known each other for years.  We're Facebook friends.  No one has ever seen us in the same room because we've never met.   The only one I've met from Skyline is Shannon.  He's no longer in the industry.

Re: 1996 mercedes 320

CHRIS
Thanks scanner for the pdf documment

Re: 1996 mercedes 320

Juicebox
Back in the day we used to always run them on the dyno without any problems, but now the books say pretty much all merz '93 and up can't be tested. So TSI it is.

Re: 1996 mercedes 320

805smogtech
All of them get a TSI test from me. But then I'm also in a Basic area

Re: 1996 mercedes 320

If the vehicle is just a conventional E320 and not a all-wheel drive it's just a conventional run on the dyno you just have to turn off the traction control

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020, 8:45 AM CHRIS [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Do you guys run the car on the dino or you do it TSI as the book says don't test it on the dino.  Because I have seen some tech run them on the dino

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/1996-mercedes-320-tp5079239.html

Re: 1996 mercedes 320

dcf1ver
BasicTech678 wrote
still think scanner is rick escalambre i mean has anyone seen them in the same room, didnt think so
Its not Rick.

I know who Scanner is,the question is.does Scanner know who I am???

Re: 1996 mercedes 320

Best Answer I Can Give
 What does the 90% do?