1998 Ford F-250 diesel

Tanktank07
Had one come in yesterday in the middle if test prompted to connect to obd phase and bam shuts off , had to log off pretty much , read somewhere that it has issues with obd then switch to bar 97 is his true. ?

Re: 1998 Ford F-250 diesel

Lose weight
98-03 Ford truck 7.3 diesel-Engine could shut off when requesting mode 9 data-vehicle design anomaly-test normally. DO NOT TEST ANY DIESEL ON BAR 97

Re: 1998 Ford F-250 diesel

Tanktank07
Yes it is a 7.3 so just go on with the test normally?on the ois?

Re: 1998 Ford F-250 diesel

Yeah, finish the test, then talk shit about BAR engineers who design crappy software
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 1998 Ford F-250 diesel

It happens with generic scan tool too on the 7.3L. I haven't had one shut off with the BAR-OIS in quite a while.

It was a 1999 model year though right?

Re: 1998 Ford F-250 diesel

They're just like the Bmw that may shut off while testing. Finish the inspection and it should start back up within a couple of minutes.

Re: 1998 Ford F-250 diesel

kfworry
none is right.
before OIS, the Ford 7.3 Liter engine would shut down on the BAR 97.
no shut off problems with OIS

Re: 1998 Ford F-250 diesel

kfworry
I take that statement back.
I have had Ford 7.3 Liter engines shut off.
Then I go to Key On, Engine Off mode
to complete OIS test

Re: 1998 Ford F-250 diesel

Never had shut off problems with BAR97, had OIS do it while the customer was watching and he didn't seem surprised. I retract my insult this time, but BAR still blows goats, I have proof.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 1998 Ford F-250 diesel

Tanktank07 wrote
Had one come in yesterday in the middle if test prompted to connect to obd phase and bam shuts off
Prior to running a smog test,  I put a 2002 F350 7.3L on the Drew Tech Technician's Helper, and "bam" it dies.

I do a Diagnostic Report on my OBD Fusion scanner, and just when it hits the Mode $09 request, "bam" it dies.

I ran it on OIS and it went through without a problem.  BAR must have eliminated the Mode $09 requirement for at least the MY2002 7.3L platform.   It doesn't report an eVIN.