1998 taurus

Al

1998 taurus

Al

California obd2 certified as per label with no rear oxygen sensors? 1998 Taurus

Re: 1998 taurus

scanner
Al wrote
California obd2 certified as per label with no rear oxygen sensors? 1998 Taurus
Did it have the Cat monitor?

Was it a flex fuel vehicle?
Al

Re: 1998 taurus

Al
scanner wrote
Al wrote
California obd2 certified as per label with no rear oxygen sensors? 1998 Taurus
Did it have the Cat monitor?

Was it a flex fuel vehicle?
Flex fuel=yes
No cat monitor

Been working at a smog shop since 1991 and still learning new shit

Re: 1998 taurus

Jay.kahlon
It could form a y pipe and have one before and after the cat(s). But I think ford just calls the ones after the cat monitors or efficiency sensors, something like that. I’ve even seen ford rangers with 2 cats on 1 bank and 1 on the other. I also seen, forgot which car ,  a 4 cylinder with 2 upstream o2s (1 per 2 cylinders)

Re: 1998 taurus

Able
Al wrote

California obd2 certified as per label with no rear oxygen sensors? 1998 Taurus

Heres a picture of the set up. you can clearly see the rear 02 sensor. https://catalog.walkerexhaust.com/catalogPart/productImageDisplay.do?product=50424&locale=en&catalog=walkerexhaust&loadStatus=ACTIVE&trail=walkerexhaustmasterPartSearchCatalog
Al

Re: 1998 taurus

Al
Able wrote
Al wrote

California obd2 certified as per label with no rear oxygen sensors? 1998 Taurus

Heres a picture of the set up. you can clearly see the rear 02 sensor. https://catalog.walkerexhaust.com/catalogPart/productImageDisplay.do?product=50424&locale=en&catalog=walkerexhaust&loadStatus=ACTIVE&trail=walkerexhaustmasterPartSearchCatalog
There is no rear 02 sensors on this particular P.O.S.
Friend of mine has identifix. According to it on a flex fuel there is no rear oxygen senors or catalyst monitor.

Re: 1998 taurus

Al wrote
scanner wrote
Al wrote
California obd2 certified as per label with no rear oxygen sensors? 1998 Taurus
Did it have the Cat monitor?

Was it a flex fuel vehicle?
Flex fuel=yes
No cat monitor

Been working at a smog shop since 1991 and still learning new shit
I missed the ethanol in the first set of pics, of course it's a FFV.

It has to be this one https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/1998/ford_pc_a0100742_3d0_1_e85.pdf

One wonders how a vehicle without a cat monitor could be OBDII certified.  It was 21 years ago.

I was thinking of contacting my friend at ARB about the vehicle not having a cat monitor, but I'm sure it's long been resolved, and we'll never see that again.

At least you resolved all question about the vehicle in this thread.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/O2-Sensor-Count-td5075974.html

Re: 1998 taurus

It should have a downstream oxygen sensor,
I would look for modification to the exhaust or post a better picture the decal.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/1998-taurus-tp5076223.html