1999 Acura 3.5L RL

planters
stupid car with strange design engine mounted front to back like it has RWD but is actually a front wheel drive according to Motor book.

Had to reboot the gen3 which takes forever to warm up whenever rebooted.

Only Acura puts the OBD in the ashtray.

Re: 1999 Acura 3.5L RL

Best Answer I Can Give
 Lots of cars with it that way. Engine looking like it is rear wheel drive but is front. Only one Honda I know of is rear, the S2000. All others are frt or 4 wheel.
If you are not sure next time get out a mirror and look for axles.

 Now why did you reboot the computer? Unless you have a above ground, drive out of the dyno and put the front wheels on it and go.

Re: 1999 Acura 3.5L RL

 Only one Honda I know of is rear, the S2000. All others are frt or 4 wheel.
ACURA NSX

Re: 1999 Acura 3.5L RL

Best Answer I Can Give
 Forgot that one. Plus isn't it mid engine?

Re: 1999 Acura 3.5L RL

planters
 Now why did you reboot the computer? Unless you have a above ground, drive out of the dyno and put the front wheels on it and go.
Got distracted by phone call, hit continue button by mistake.
At that point doesn't let you go back so had to reboot.

Re: 1999 Acura 3.5L RL

No One
planters wrote
Best Answer I Can Give wrote
 Now why did you reboot the computer? Unless you have a above ground, drive out of the dyno and put the front wheels on it and go.
Got distracted by phone call, hit continue button by mistake.
At that point doesn't let you go back so had to reboot.
why not just abort it?

Re: 1999 Acura 3.5L RL

none
No One wrote
why not just abort it?
That's what I would do. It saves a lot of time over waiting for the thing to reboot and I've never been dinged for too many aborts.

Re: 1999 Acura 3.5L RL

Best Answer I Can Give
 The shop that is cheating the system has NO Aborts. We all screw up.

Re: 1999 Acura 3.5L RL

The shop that is cheating the system has NO Aborts. We all screw up.
The state knows it was aborted.

Re: 1999 Acura 3.5L RL

Best Answer I Can Give
 How do you figure?
The power goes off to the machine, is that a abort, or did you have a power failure?

Re: 1999 Acura 3.5L RL

planters
why not just abort it?
Didn't want to risk getting dinged, especially when my score was already below
.40 at the time. But since my score has gone up, next time it happens will just abort.