1999 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L

FiendFX
NO GVWR sticker. ECS Label shows certified to MEDIUM DUTY. SPX shows 1500 to be used 5999 lbs. WHat would you do?

Re: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L

scanner
FiendFX wrote
NO GVWR sticker. ECS Label shows certified to MEDIUM DUTY. SPX shows 1500 to be used 5999 lbs. WHat would you do?

What's the VIN?  I might be able to tell you.

Re: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L

smogido
I put down 5999.

Re: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L

scanner,

Thanks for the reply. But if you were to just go by the label, MEDUIM DUTY, would you use GVWR as 5999 lbs or 8499 lbs? SPX shows 1500 class should be 5999 lbs but I doubt it..

Re: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L

scanner
FiendFX wrote
scanner,

Thanks for the reply. But if you were to just go by the label, MEDUIM DUTY, would you use GVWR as 5999 lbs or 8499 lbs? SPX shows 1500 class should be 5999 lbs but I doubt it..

Since your heading says Ram 1500, I'll go with 5999

Re: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L

This issue has come up here before.  I know for a fact that half-ton Suburbans have a GVWR above 5999, but that's what I'm required to enter when the door jamb is unreadable.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if if was found that the cut-points are significantly higher for 6000 and above, all else being equal, but that's the way the old FuPR falls (or fails).

Re: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L

scanner
barrym95838 wrote
 It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if if was found that the cut-points are significantly higher for 6000 and above, all else being equal, but that's the way the old FuPR falls (or fails).
If you put in 6000, it's the same cutpoints as 5999.   If you put in 6001, it's the same cutpoints as 8499

Here's the difference between 5999 and 8499

Re: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L

FiendFX
Nice chart.