1999 Mercedes E320

CAsmog
Does this go on dyno, book says don’t put on dyno, i think I ran this before on dyno it was fine, it has traction control

Re: 1999 Mercedes E320

none
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2013/MC-10135791-9999.pdf

Your 99 is listed on the second page to not go on the dyno. I'm sure you probably can but I don't.

Re: 1999 Mercedes E320

Best Answer I Can Give
 Who Cares?
The BAR comes out and jumps your case, BFD.
You ran it on a Dyno. SO? Well the book is WRONG. Look you can run it.
So you didn't run it. Well look Mr. BAR the BOOK shows not to run it. You are safe either way.

 AS LONG AS YOU CAN SHOW THE MR. BAR WHERE YOU GOT THE INFO FROM, IN BLACK AND WHITE. You are safe.
 Now for the fun part. You have just PROVED that that is not true.

Re: 1999 Mercedes E320

laziiee
Most 93 and up MB you don't run it on the dyno cause it put the car in limp home mode.

Re: 1999 Mercedes E320

Technician A
Who Cares?
Some care about doing the job correctly and have pride in their work. Others just go through the motions.

Re: 1999 Mercedes E320

Best Answer I Can Give
 Give me crap and then you put down that you don't look at the review box that ask is the info that YOU put in is right.

Re: 1999 Mercedes E320

Technician A
Ok Mr Perfect

Re: 1999 Mercedes E320

Best Answer I Can Give
 YES WHO CARES? A little bit of THINKING would have answered the question.

 He THOUGHT, and no he didn't, he might of screwed up.

 MR BAR comes out and tells you it was a non dyno car. The Book said it. Your answer WRONG I did it on the dyno. The book is wrong, PLUS why is it not in the machine that you guys APPROVED?
So you don't do it a ASM test. WRONG Mr. BAR the book said to not do it. The Book that is approved by the BAR.

 So who cares? A little bit of thinking will tell you the BAR can not say a thing. They would have to do something they will never do, ADMIT THAT THEY ARE WRONG.

 As to perfect? Long way from it. Just a little bit of "What what will happen" goes along way.

Re: 1999 Mercedes E320

WealdstoneRaider
How many of you TSI 99 Crown vic's? The book states do not test on dyno so never had an issue TSI-ing them.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: 1999 Mercedes E320

Technician A
YES WHO CARES?
YOU may not care, but there are others who want to do the job to the best of their abilities. Not everyone's only or main concern is how will I answer to Mr. bar rep

Re: 1999 Mercedes E320

none
There are techs who treat this as their career and give a damn and teach themselves by reading trade articles, taking classes, studying the smog manuals, and watching the BAR training videos.

Then there are the techs who it is just a job and are just their to collect a pay check. These are the guys who do JUST ENOUGH to get by.

Re: 1999 Mercedes E320

There's been a couple revisions over the years concerning specifically Mercedes-Benz I have personally smog is a very Vehicles using but I know but for the most part in my area lot of them come in as TSI

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020, 9:54 AM CAsmog [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does this go on dyno, book says don’t put on dyno, i think I ran this before on dyno it was fine, it has traction control

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/1999-Mercedes-E320-tp5082174.html

Re: 1999 Mercedes E320

IncogLegal
Me personally, I would TSI that B*!