2 Dads 1 tech

1bbroygb
Hi,

I have two Dad machines. I was doing a Dad test on one car. It was taking FOREVER so I hooked my other DAD to another car and started to do another test. It then aborted the first car. Can you do two Dad tests at the same time?

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

jim8789
it dont take too long to an ois test. take your time and do one car at a time. thats how mistake happen.

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

Citation Addict
My friend you are setting yourself up for a citation waiting to happen.

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

smog man
Nope, you can only be logged into one OIS machine at any time. If your logged into machine one, and you log into machine 2. It will log you out of machine one. You can be logged into as many BAR 97 machines you want.

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

1bbroygb
Thank you smog man for an actually helpful answer

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

You cannot perform two test at once with 2 dad machines it will abort the first one. You can although test on the bar 97 and on an ois machine at the same time.

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

kfworry
What difference does it make how many DAD's one tech is logged into!!
Where does it say one tech cannot be logged onto two or more DAD's at the same time??
I think people are "making up rules" that are not written anywhere in any BAR regulation.
If that is so, I'd like to see a reference to it.

I know it was not a problem for one tech to be doing two or more BAR 97 test at the
same time. I know someone that did that in Fairfield.

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

1bbroygb
I tried it. It aborted the one that I had started. I had done two simultaneously on the BAR 97, and I had done a BAR 97 while doing a DAD, but then I had an issue when I tried two DADs at once.

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

kfworry wrote
 I know it was not a problem for one tech to be doing two or more BAR 97 test at the
same time. I know someone that did that in Fairfield.
While you CAN do it , I was told by a BAR rep not to log into both BAR97 machines at the same time or it will raise flags. I guess they suspect an unlicensed tech on your license on the second machine. I was told this back when I was setting up my second BAR97 machine.

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

You can log part way into the second OIS without aborting the first machine.

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

does anyone know if i can have multiple DAD devices registered to one computer?

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

Juicebox
Nope, only one dad per computer. Even if your'e a training institution, you can use the dad for shop use and training use, but you have to have a separate computer for each.

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

No One
Juicebox wrote
Nope, only one dad per computer. Even if your'e a training institution, you can use the dad for shop use and training use, but you have to have a separate computer for each.
Sweet. Thnx for the reply.

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

BasicTech678
2 dads 1 tech - that sounds like the worst video ever

Re: 2 Dads 1 tech

No One