2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

Mike
One was PO740 TCC CKT Malfunction 2003 Acura
The other PO303 Misfire code #3 cylinder. 2001 Chevy Suburban.
No visual failures.
What did you fail today?
Like to get an idea what you guys are failing for, especially the visual failures.

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

K20SI
I FAILED A 1991 BMW 3 SERIES FOR AFTER MARKET CAT THEY DONT MAKE ANY CATS FOR THAT CAR CALLED ARB THE LADY ASK ME THE DATE ON THE CAT I TOLD HER 2011 SHE SAID FAIL IT LOL

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

Mike
Started a new topic on this subject at CalSmogTech.com
http://calsmogtech.com/mingle-smog-tech-forum?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=40

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

Citation Addict
Monitors, Monitors, and More Monitor resets, people seem to have the idea a dead battery or resetting the MIL will not cause a vehicle to Fail Smog.

yea i have people come back to retest when i ask them for what they fixed they say nothing i tell them i will only give them 1 retest thats if i charged full price if with coupon i charge 15 more and they fail lol

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

K20SI
i had a lady 2 days ago with 2007 Chrysler mini van failed gross polluter i gave her the smog vir and told her everything highlighted needs to be fixed she took to firestone down the street they charge her $99 to put a scanner on it and told her there is no codes and her car is fine she came back for retest failed again its either she is stupid or the people at firestone are stupid but i look on there invoice they gave her and all it said dai  $99  no codes found

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

What was the EO number?

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

There was a BAR blast on June 18, stating that OBD I vehicles
DO NOT require the CARB EO # on after market cat's to match the
vehicle specific application.
Apparently the person you spoke with at the ARB is not aware
of that ruling by the BAR.

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

K20SI
there was none for that bmw posted on the website thats why i called she said if it was installed on or before 2008 its fine

thats what i hate its all bullshit they tell u something but then someone else at the bar tells u something its all bullshit i failed the car as she said if it was installled in 2011 its not good

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

Mike
Just had an 88 Acura come in.
Check engine light was on as customer left engine running, misfiring also. MIL stayed on throughout the test.
MIL functional test, turn engine off, start it again and after a second, light shuts off.
Car passed, MIL, engine misfire and all.
Thought for sure, this car is a fail, but didnt know for sure until the end of the test.
"Can't judge a book by its cover"
Hope it passes in two years.
Mike
CalSmogTech.com

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

FiendFX
Did an Escalade AWD, during TSI MIL was flashing. Turn engine off, turn back off, MIL OFF. Emission passes and no CEL. WOW.
Al

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

Al
1999 ford e150
monitors not set
check engine light on with non operational light
broken air cleaner with duct tape holding together

1997  camry
evap hose at air cleaner split
intake boot brloken
gas cap

2001 echo
evap hose at canister split
gas cap

2004 sentra
fed cats  on ca car. Asked where she got them.
her   "I ordered them from napa"
me   " I cant find them on their website or when I called them"
her   "does it make a difference if I bought them in Sparks,NV"
me   "YUP, sure does."

Slow day at 16 cars..

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

justa
Banned User

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

Tamper-Modified.  Knowing what we know, there is no other honest choice.  Period.

Do you work at In N Out Smog?
Al

Re: 2 failures today. Both Mil Light Failures.

Al
Justa;
No ref on that one. Its a cali cert car with a fed cat. Ref will fail it too. I failed it for modified and told
her to get the right cat for it.
Her reply " I already tried, the only option is a factory cat cause there is no Cali cerified cat
for it. Thats why we drove to Sparks,NV to get one."
12