2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

GrossPolluter
This post was updated on .
I just smogged a 2000 Ford Crown Victorina Police and it FAILED HC's at 25 mph. I don't come on here whining and complaining, I am on here more for some of your advice and opinions.

Just to show how the Smog Program is going to FAIL with DAD. If we don't measure or take samples of vehicles tailpipe emissions during inspection, how can we do our jobs right to keep Californias air Clean?

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

kfworry
Save a copy of that VIR for your BAR field rep
and Assembly person.
This is exactly what we technicians need to show the clowns
in Sacramento how seriously flawed the OIS DAD testing program is!!
I've shared over 20-VIR's of '2000 and newer that failed emissions, with the Hercules field reps and they sent VIR copies to someone at the main BAR office. What the main BAR office did with them is anyone's
guess.

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

mike
haven't they addressed the fact that some vehicles are going to fail emissions and not DAD.
I think it has something to do with the fact that it just isn't that many vehicles failing emissions and passing DAD.

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

kilativ
GrossPolluter, if I would be a customer of this car, I would file a complain against you, because you wrongfully failed it.

TSI should be performed on 2000 Crown Victoria Police.

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

Centralized Smog
Which book do you have? On my Mitchell 2014 guide, 1998+ are testable on the dyno.

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

RussellJames

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

Kriss Vector

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

kilativ
This post was updated on .
It always been that way, beause it has non disengageble traction control.
On police cars the button should be in the glove box, but it is not there.
I have done many Crown Victorias, and non of them I could spin on dyno, bacause of TC.

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

deviationmaster
I would test it ASM, why do they have limits on Nox, or the machine will prompt you to TSI if it was not testable on dyno. You have to read the traction control disengage procedure.

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

RussellJames

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

RussellJames

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

RussellJames

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

It's Easy
All police crown Vic's are dual exhaust, you got it under single and if reading was only taken from one pipe the car should be retested, I just did one last week and I was able to do a dyno test.

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

007
The book does say not to test, followed the book and failed the egr non functional, vehicle went to another shop and passed ASM. Research showed the ABS will kick off after a few seconds and vehicle will test on dyno, these vehicles are like the GM trucks, you turn the traction control off and they won't test until you drive them and the ABS kicks off. So conclusion is to test them, ASM. But make sure you select the correct exhaust configuration.

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

kfworry
EGR functional testing is NO longer required for OBD II vehicles during a TSI,
as of January 2010.
Besides I did a number of Crown Victoria's in 2012 and had NO issues
with Traction Control.

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

FiendFX
If you can test the EGR with a vacuum pump, it is required. Only ones that are digital, you are not required to test.

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

smogtech19
anything with a egr 1996 and newer is no egr functional test

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

I always TSI crown Vic's  if you were able to do ASM without messing up the cars traction or transmission consider yourself lucky!

Re: 2000 Ford Crown Vic Police

Can you show me the blast that said that? Last time i read it was to not test if its electronic.