2000 G3500

iha

2000 G3500

iha
Coachman Motor Home at 12300 GVWR. No rear o2s's . Would you smog on BAR97?
Al

Re: 2000 G3500

Al
Does the emissions label state obd1 or obd2?
iha

Re: 2000 G3500

iha
I will have to recheck.

Re: 2000 G3500

If you do OBD Diagnostics on a Gen3 and print it out, it will say if it is OBDII and if it was as defined by EPA or CARB. I haven't seen what it says yet for something I know is OBD1.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 2000 G3500

Best Answer I Can Give
 Damn Dude, It's under 14. Plug it into the OIS, Let it kick you out. Now you have a paper that you can show the BAR. SEE I tried to do it right, your damn machine threw me out.

Re: 2000 G3500

D Rochells 150861
No, the book says we must magically figure this out before giving the customer the estimate.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 2000 G3500

SOLO310
14,000 should go on bar 97 I do a lot of e450 superduty bus 2007 2008,09 weight @14,050

Re: 2000 G3500

Best Answer I Can Give
 He said the weight was 12.3 OIS. LET THE OIS TELL YOU DIFFERENT.

Re: 2000 G3500

iha wrote
Coachman Motor Home at 12300 GVWR. No rear o2s's . Would you smog on BAR97?
I agree with Besta, let OIS determine whether it will allow you to test it, right or wrong.

If the vehicle is Federal spec, it will not be OBDII and will require a BAR97 test.  It's going to depend on how you enter the vehicle.

Re: 2000 G3500

He said the weight was 12.3 OIS. LET THE OIS TELL YOU DIFFERENT.
I agree 100%

iha

Re: 2000 G3500

iha
Thanks ever body,, I entered it as CA and the WW dad unit is hanging and locking up... I will check if it is FED. The OIS did not kick me out as CA.

Re: 2000 G3500

scanner,

If you do on OIS, and it asks you does this vehicle require OBD2? How would you proceed?

Re: 2000 G3500

scanner
FiendFX wrote
If you do on OIS, and it asks you does this vehicle require OBD2? How would you proceed?
If it asks if it is OBDII compliant, first and foremost, I rely on the underhood label.    I go with what is printed on the label.

If there is nothing regarding the OBD compliance, I'll go by certifcation and weight.   If the vehicle is certified Federal, over 8500GVWR up to 2008, I'll say OBDI

If the vehicle doesn't have post cat oxygen sensors, I'll say OBDI.   I haven't seen a scanner say OBDII on one equipped that way.

If at that point, and if I'm still not sure, I'll hook up a scanner.   If the scanner says OBDI, I'll say NO.   If the scanner says OBDII, I'll say yes.

There have been times when I punch in Fed, the vehicle is over 8500 GVWR, I know it's OBDI, and the OIS doesn't ask if the vehicle is OBDII compliant.   I just go with the flow, and let OIS do it's thing.   Even if the PCM doesn't support a CAT monitor.  The OIS doesn't care and will test the vehicle.   This is only if OIS doesn't ask if the vehicle is OBDII compliant. BAR says if we're not sure, test on OIS first, and follow the prompts.   Okay by me.

Re: 2000 G3500

D Rochells 150861
Wait, if you knew it was OBD1 and the OIS didn't send you to the BAR97, didn't you technically use the wrong machine?
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 2000 G3500

scanner
D wrote
Wait, if you knew it was OBD1 and the OIS didn't send you to the BAR97, didn't you technically use the wrong machine?
Yes, technically I used the wrong machine.  We both know that.   OIS should have asked.  I think the weight range is like 6600 to 10000 GVWR and OIS assumes it's 6600 GVWR.   At least that's what I'm assuming OIS is thinking.

If it doesn't ask, and allows me to proceed, how do I stop it?  Do I abort the test?

Re: 2000 G3500

D Rochells 150861
I don't have an answer but in this day and age I worry about you being accused of fraud.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!