2000 Jeep Wrangler Fed 2.5

fartvalve
Came in at end of day ready for a smog. Monitors all ran with EVAP as NA. Okay I have heard of this no biggie..

Now after taking a knee and looking under this thing I notice 2 cats d-182-48. One tiny one large....

If this was a CA certified jeep then this cats would be good to go but this Jeep is FED.

I looked up the exhaust on Walker and It shows 1 cat for FED.

It was the end of the day so I told the customer to come back tomorrow.

I plan on failing this.
I have chronic pain because stupid hurts!

Re: 2000 Jeep Wrangler Fed 2.5

kfworry
My question is, does the Federal emissions label state: WU-TWC / TWC, meaning 2-cats total.
LOOK at the under hood ECS label, Not the Walker Web Site.

Re: 2000 Jeep Wrangler Fed 2.5

fartvalve
That's past the point. Regardless of what the label says this Jeep has CA approved cats in place of the Federal.
Walker web site is just for reference.
I have chronic pain because stupid hurts!

Re: 2000 Jeep Wrangler Fed 2.5

Anon A Mouse
CA cats are ok on a federal vehicle. It needs to have the same number of cats in the original configuration.

From CARB:

Q. Federal vehicles are not listed in California application catalog.  How do I determine what
catalytic converter to install on a federal vehicle?

A. Find a catalytic converter exempted for a California vehicle that is
 of the same make, model, and model year as the federal vehicle, except for the
engine family.  Install the catalytic converter on the federal vehicle and make a note on your invoice and warranty card that it is a federal vehicle.

Re: 2000 Jeep Wrangler Fed 2.5

fartvalve
Thank you! I am reading through this right now.

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermktcat/installcatq&a.pdf
I have chronic pain because stupid hurts!