2003 nissan frontier knock sensor on top manifold

2003 nissan frontier knock sensor on top manifold

garyboy
pass or fail?

Re: 2003 nissan frontier knock sensor on top manifold

fail, it cant hear knockin up ther

Re: 2003 nissan frontier knock sensor on top manifold

I would also fail it. It is modified from the original design. (Unless of course it has an EO#)

Re: 2003 nissan frontier knock sensor on top manifold

Tamper-fail.  The stupid part of the whole thing is that Nissan was able to pay off enough people to make P0325 a non-MIL DTC, but Goobers and Gomers still try to cut corners to "replace" them unnecessarily.

Re: 2003 nissan frontier knock sensor on top manifold

garyboy
The customer claims that a nissan tech told him that was a legal repair, I told him it was "modified" from the original configuration and that his tech is full of shit. Thank you guys.

Re: 2003 nissan frontier knock sensor on top manifold

My Name is Nobody
barrym95838 wrote
Tamper-fail.  The stupid part of the whole thing is that Nissan was able to pay off enough people to make P0325 a non-MIL DTC, but Goobers and Gomers still try to cut corners to "replace" them unnecessarily.

This is what Michael was talking about.
Nissan_Knock_Sensor.pdf

Re: 2003 nissan frontier knock sensor on top manifold

A knock sensor would be insulated by the intake gasket so it would definitely be a fail and pretty stupid to boot.

Re: 2003 nissan frontier knock sensor on top manifold

cosmokramertheassman
Weird. I recently had a customer with a Honda Ridgeline that had a knock sensor code. Her "mechanic" boyfriend relocated the sensor to an "easier to reach" location on the intake manifold. Naturally, I let her know that was a big no-no and told her to get it fixed properly.