2004 Audi A4 3.0

CAsmog
2004 Audi A4 3.0,  does it have 2 cats or 4 cats,  arb aftermarket list  same  cars with 2 cats and  4 cats with same test group, car label says 2twc..

Re: 2004 Audi A4 3.0

scanner
CAsmog wrote
2004 Audi A4 3.0,  does it have 2 cats or 4 cats,  arb aftermarket list  same  cars with 2 cats and  4 cats with same test group, car label says 2twc..
It should have 4 cats.

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2004/audi_pc_a0300158_3d0_u1.pdf

Re: 2004 Audi A4 3.0

CAsmog
Where it says it should have 4 cats

Re: 2004 Audi A4 3.0

scanner
CAsmog wrote
Where it says it should have 4 cats

Re: 2004 Audi A4 3.0

No One
scanner wrote
CAsmog wrote
Where it says it should have 4 cats
I often wonder about shit like this sometimes too. GMS c1500 and suburbans say 4 cats on the arb page, but on the under the hood labels they always just say TWC and only have two cats. Am I fucking up here passing these trucks that should have 4 CATS?<quote author="scanner">

Re: 2004 Audi A4 3.0

His_Stigness
I've never understood GM and most Ford labels just say "TWC" when they have multiples. But when you ask the BAR they just shrug. It would be nice if CARB actually enforced their own rules and made manufacturers put useful information on the labels since we're supposed to go off that. I learned the hard way not to trust older Toyota labels. But nowadays, if there's a bolt that's the wrong color CARB and the NHTSA demand a recall. But having an incorrect label is too much trouble for them to issue a recall, or even just mail customers new stickers?

Re: 2004 Audi A4 3.0

No One wrote
I often wonder about shit like this sometimes too. GMS c1500 and suburbans say 4 cats on the arb page, but on the under the hood labels they always just say TWC and only have two cats. Am I fucking up here passing these trucks that should have 4 CATS?
They should have 4 cats. I posted a picture on here before showing the front cats. I'll see if I can find it later.

EDIT; here is a picture from underneath of one of the front cats on a 4.8L or 5.3L.

Re: 2004 Audi A4 3.0

No One wrote
I often wonder about shit like this sometimes too. GMS c1500 and suburbans say 4 cats on the arb page, but on the under the hood labels they always just say TWC and only have two cats. Am I fucking up here passing these trucks that should have 4 CATS?
They should have 4 cats. I posted a picture on here before showing the front cats. I'll see if I can find it later.

EDIT; here is a picture from underneath of one of the front cats on a 4.8L or 5.3L.
I went and spoke to the muffler shop about these and he told me that yea, they take 4. But have never replaced them. That he even sometimes hollows them out since every once in a while they will come in with them broke and clogging up the rear CAT. He said the only way to replace them is to buy the whole new exhaust that already come with it.

Re: 2004 Audi A4 3.0

none
No One wrote
I went and spoke to the muffler shop...That he even sometimes hollows them out ...
I wonder how well they run with them hollowed out. The front O2 sensor is AFTER the pre-cat so it must change the O2 sensor readings. I still haven't figured out how this works.