2004 Lexus LS430 Moved Rear O2 Sensors Avoid Replacing Front Cats

2004 Lexus LS430 Moved Rear O2 Sensors Avoid Replacing Front Cats

BlueSky
Check this out.  The wrong rear cat was installed in July of 2014 and they moved the rear O2 sensors to behind the rear cat.  2 smog shops have certified this vehicle since the mod was done.  I failed it.

Re: 2004 Lexus LS430 Moved Rear O2 Sensors Avoid Replacing Front Cats

D Rochells 150861
I would love to see ASM numbers.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 2004 Lexus LS430 Moved Rear O2 Sensors Avoid Replacing Front Cats

another quality job by the meth head down the street

Re: 2004 Lexus LS430 Moved Rear O2 Sensors Avoid Replacing Front Cats

Should of passed already.
probably fifteen minutes later

Re: 2004 Lexus LS430 Moved Rear O2 Sensors Avoid Replacing Front Cats

Best Answer I Can Give
 So if OIS testing and OBD II is so FUCKING perfect, WHERE IN THE HELL WAS THE LIGHT?

Re: 2004 Lexus LS430 Moved Rear O2 Sensors Avoid Replacing Front Cats

So if OIS testing and OBD II is so FUCKING perfect, WHERE IN THE HELL WAS THE LIGHT?
You wouldn't have caught it?   You do a complete inspection, stuff like this shouldn't get a pass.

It will get a pass eventually because there a bunch of "inspectors" that won't do their job.   A couple of consumers have told me, that I'm the only one that actually checked numbers on their catalytic converters.   The consumers say, the testers usually just put it on the machine, and run the test.

The program is only as good as the people conducting the test, and there are a bunch that shouldn't be doing it.   I'll blame BAR for letting anyone that can fog a mirror, be able to hold an EO license.

Re: 2004 Lexus LS430 Moved Rear O2 Sensors Avoid Replacing Front Cats

BlueSky
Troll wrote
Should of passed already.
probably fifteen minutes later
My test was the only one done yesterday.  Time will tell if he fixes it correctly or just goes back to the place that smog it the last 2 times.

Re: 2004 Lexus LS430 Moved Rear O2 Sensors Avoid Replacing Front Cats

If smog is as important as BAR says it is, then techs should not be performing tests unsupervised. It could be said that the UC system is the only form of true supervision most test only techs experience regarding their testing behavior. BAR publishing the UC court documents further allows techs to focus on known BAR UC tactics and ignore the real world fails that will probably not generate a BAR complaint anyway. Might even generate "tip"" money.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 2004 Lexus LS430 Moved Rear O2 Sensors Avoid Replacing Front Cats

For sure he is not fixing it correctly.