2005 Chevy Corvette w/Hurricane Intake

BlueSky
I tell customer the Hurricane Intake is not CARB Approved.  He says yes it is I brought it from West Coast Corvette and they told be it is legal.   I show him on West Coast Corvette's web page where they state it is not CARB Approved.  The customer says I'll just go back to the smog shop that smogged it the last 3 times and get it smogged there.

Even if I call BAR and alert them about this vehicle they don't CARE and that's very sad.

Re: 2005 Chevy Corvette w/Hurricane Intake

D Rochells 150861
I have a lot of customers who just put the stock box on for the smog. I have seen a Ferrari that only has cats on for the smog. Deep in their cold black heats, BAR knows their program is bullshit that just creates new ways to cheat.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 2005 Chevy Corvette w/Hurricane Intake

SoCalSmogGuy
D wrote
I have a lot of customers who just put the stock box on for the smog. I have seen a Ferrari that only has cats on for the smog. Deep in their cold black heats, BAR knows their program is bullshit that just creates new ways to cheat.
Pretty much every Ferrari and Lambo customer I have does the same thing
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: 2005 Chevy Corvette w/Hurricane Intake

smwalker
Why didn't you fail it?  Or did you?

Re: 2005 Chevy Corvette w/Hurricane Intake

D Rochells 150861
I said the cats were on for the smog and then he takes them off for 2 years, I'm not going to fail something that happens after the test.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: 2005 Chevy Corvette w/Hurricane Intake

I have had high end European car owners admit cats come off after they pass and most of the time it is easy to see as they will look nice and new and the rest of the systsm is dirty. But what can i do the orignal equipment is in place at time of testing

Re: 2005 Chevy Corvette w/Hurricane Intake