2005 Crown Victoria

shipracer
Brand new catalytic CARB converters driver and passenger side, with new o2 sensors (front/back both sides).

I can complete/green all tests except CATs within 1 day of basic driving.

I've held 40-45-50-55-60-65 for 10 minutes. 500 miles~

I have one code AC related I don't think would stop of effect the CATALYST test completing... P0538 AC cabin temp sensor. No CEL from it.

What am I doing wrong or missing? short and long fuel trims look good. Not running rich or lean.

Or just keep driving?

Re: 2005 Crown Victoria

smog frogposter
Verify all accessories are off and the a/c compressor is not engaging. Drive the vehicle in a combination stop and go traffic and freeway driving going no more than 55 MPH, try and keep it at a constant cruising speed at 45 MPH Fords usually have their catalyst monitors set especially after some city driving. If you drive too fast you will not set the Catalyst monitor.

Re: 2005 Crown Victoria

shipracer
Is the recommended speed to get a certain RPM hold? or is the test looking for the speed more vs the RPM at that speed?

Ive been driving super super/easy. No hard driving at all. soft easy acceleration and braking.

Thanks for the reply.

Re: 2005 Crown Victoria

none
This thread has a lot of information about running monitors in general but especially CAT monitor.
http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/2000-Toyota-Camry-Catalyst-Monitor-td5068511.html

Re: 2005 Crown Victoria

shipracer
Thanks Ill read through that.

I can data log and see the catalyst test running.

CAT TST PRG
CAT TEST RDY
CAT TP RATE

Re: 2005 Crown Victoria

Best Answer I Can Give
 My kids just go to the Net and type in the drive cycle for the vehicle. 99.9% of the time following them does it. LOT'S OF LUCK.

Re: 2005 Crown Victoria

dcf1ver
shipracer wrote
I've held 40-45-50-55-60-65 for 10 minutes. 500 miles~
Pffffft never gonna get it done that way bub.

Re: 2005 Crown Victoria

shipracer
Ive done every google ford dtc catalyst readiness test out there. along with any post suggestions on forums I've seen.

Basic street driving 25-45mph. stop go traffic, holding speeds, holding RPMS. might just need more driving.

Ive seen videos where people say they get it to clear just flooring it 3k rpms for 3-4 minutes ( I haven't tried any of that cause the CAT test doesn't run at 0mph its running for the most part at 10mph-70mph~

was just reaching hoping there was some trick I could do, other then drive mindlessly wasting gas and time for California more then I needed.

Re: 2005 Crown Victoria

dcf1ver wrote
shipracer wrote
I've held 40-45-50-55-60-65 for 10 minutes. 500 miles~
Pffffft never gonna get it done that way bub.

same, i know alot of people swear by drive cycles but im not giving a customer a sheet with steps to slow down traffic to 40-50 MPH and end up being at fault.

i will however send them on highway 101 for 60 mile round trip on a straight road going 65 mph steadily. its a nice strip where you can do 65 mph steadily for 30 or more miles with out going under 60 mph

Re: 2005 Crown Victoria

dcf1ver
BasicTech678 wrote
same, i know alot of people swear by drive cycles but im not giving a customer a sheet with steps to slow down traffic to 40-50 MPH and end up being at fault.

i will however send them on highway 101 for 60 mile round trip on a straight road going 65 mph steadily. its a nice strip where you can do 65 mph steadily for 30 or more miles with out going under 60 mph
Either they do it or you do it. Drive cycles were intended to run on a dyno for the most part. Thats where they can be done in a controlled environment. Thats how the IM240 is run.

I have a decent stretch of hwy here where I can run maybe 8 of 10 drive cycles. For the really stubborn ones I send em to a dyno shop(we're OIS only)

Re: 2005 Crown Victoria

shipracer wrote
Ive done every google ford dtc catalyst readiness test out there. along with any post suggestions on forums I've seen.

Basic street driving 25-45mph. stop go traffic, holding speeds, holding RPMS. might just need more driving.

Ive seen videos where people say they get it to clear just flooring it 3k rpms for 3-4 minutes ( I haven't tried any of that cause the CAT test doesn't run at 0mph its running for the most part at 10mph-70mph~

was just reaching hoping there was some trick I could do, other then drive mindlessly wasting gas and time for California more then I needed.
If you have  a dyno, go on free form mode and drive two mins each at a diff speeds required with out stopping. Ive done two fords this way so far. One was an 01 mustang and the other was a 96 f-250. Good luck.

Re: 2005 Crown Victoria

print the procedure, what you posted is not the process

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 12:10 PM shipracer [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Brand new catalytic CARB converters driver and passenger side, with new o2 sensors (front/back both sides).

I can complete/green all tests except CATs within 1 day of basic driving.

I've held 50-55-60-65 for 10 minutes. 500 miles~

I have one code AC related I don't think would stop of effect the CATALYST test completing... P0538 AC cabin temp sensor.

What am I doing wrong or missing? short and long fuel trims look good. Not running rich or lean.

Or just keep driving?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/2005-Crown-Victoria-tp5080731.html

Kevin Casillas