2005 Tundra 4.7

iha

2005 Tundra 4.7

iha
Has legal K&N CAI using mixture of parts. Stock Toyota air box with remainder CAI K&N. Has a tamper fail in 2018 then a pass. Do you have to use the complete K&N CAI or can you mix and match?

Re: 2005 Tundra 4.7

defective
CARB certification was done as a complete unit.  No mix and matching parts.  I would fail it.

Re: 2005 Tundra 4.7

smoggee
Fail.  Must be installed per CARB EO.
Never attribute to conspiracy that which can be explained by incompetence

Re: 2005 Tundra 4.7

Best Answer I Can Give
 The guy shows up at your shop with those problems? It shows ONE THING. He has no Loyalty.
You question it, the next person will to. So now you could get a ding. WHY? Why would you bother being a nice guy?
 Take the chance? He MAY come back to you next time. Chances are NOT. Plus, could it be a UC? If you question it, most likely the next one will to. Why take the chance for someone who doesn't care about you? He shows no Loyalty.
iha

Re: 2005 Tundra 4.7

iha
Thanks everybody for your input! I punted.

Re: 2005 Tundra 4.7

The guy shows up at your shop with those problems? It shows ONE THING. He has no Loyalty.
You question it, the next person will to. So now you could get a ding. WHY? Why would you bother being a nice guy?
 Take the chance? He MAY come back to you next time. Chances are NOT. Plus, could it be a UC? If you question it, most likely the next one will to. Why take the chance for someone who doesn't care about you? He shows no Loyalty.
i agree with besta. Take the chance by failing it, having him fix it, and not fuck you or the next guy over.

Re: 2005 Tundra 4.7

Fail it. And repeat customers in test only is a rare thing when so many shops run promotions & sales and I find most customers are just looking for the cheapest guy

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020, 9:16 AM iha [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Has legal K&N CAI using mixture of parts. Stock Toyota air box with remainder CAI K&N. Has a tamper fail in 2018 then a pass. Do you have to use the complete K&N CAI or can you mix and match?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/2005-Tundra-4-7-tp5082622.html

Re: 2005 Tundra 4.7

none
Kevin wrote
... And repeat customers in test only is a rare thing ...
I don't think that is necessary true but may also depend on your area though. Most of my business is repeat customers and referrals.