2006 nissan altima

stsp
2006 nissan altima needs to be raised 1250 to 1750 rom for 15 seconds. rpm goes up and down. I could not finish. Any solutions?

Re: 2006 nissan altima

KeepItReal
Turn the steering wheel all the way it can go and keep putting a little pressure on the wheel. That will put enough load on the engine to stabilize the rpms.

Re: 2006 nissan altima

444O444
try to do it on Drive, but don't forget to put one foot on brake and pull the parking brake

Re: 2006 nissan altima

Evaponly818

Re: 2006 nissan altima

Juicebox
ya, those are a pain in the ass, had one last week. I think i just kept feathering the throttle and was able to get it through.

Re: 2006 nissan altima

Load it in gear

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020, 1:12 PM stsp [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
2006 nissan altima needs to be raised 1250 to 1750 rom for 15 seconds. rpm goes up and down. I could not finish. Any solutions?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/2006-nissan-altima-tp5079360.html

Re: 2006 nissan altima

smog frogposter
Juicebox wrote
ya, those are a pain in the ass, had one last week. I think i just kept feathering the throttle and was able to get it through.
Feathering the throttle was the only way to get that thing to go through.

Re: 2006 nissan altima

Best Answer I Can Give
 Good Grief, WHY DO YOU PEOPLE MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT?

 PUT IT IN GEAR stand ON THE BRAKE PEDAL AND BRING IT UP TO SPEED. 15 Seconds is not going to hurt a thing.

Re: 2006 nissan altima

Good Grief, WHY DO YOU PEOPLE MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT?

 PUT IT IN GEAR stand ON THE BRAKE PEDAL AND BRING IT UP TO SPEED. 15 Seconds is not going to hurt a thing.
WANNA BET? That is hard on a modern automatic transmission and highly advised against in factory service manuals. When I worked for Toyota we were told to NEVER poerbrake the transmission and Toyota generally doesn't have many automatic transmission problems.

Re: 2006 nissan altima

dcf1ver
Good Grief, WHY DO YOU PEOPLE MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT?

 PUT IT IN GEAR stand ON THE BRAKE PEDAL AND BRING IT UP TO SPEED. 15 Seconds is not going to hurt a thing.
WANNA BET? That is hard on a modern automatic transmission and highly advised against in factory service manuals. When I worked for Toyota we were told to NEVER poerbrake the transmission and Toyota generally doesn't have many automatic transmission problems.
To be fair, pretty much all manufactures poopoo power braking. Its always been hard on transmissions.

However Ive never seen it hurt any transmission yet. Modern or otherwise......

Re: 2006 nissan altima

 15 seconds? How long does it idle COLD start?

 Excuse me, Where in the hell did I say to POWER BRAKE the vehicle?  Put it in gear and bring it up to the needed lower RPM.

Re: 2006 nissan altima

805smogtech
what are you guys checking, Motor mounts? there is no need to put a load on the car, or use the brakes while in gear. just easy very carefully into the throttle. unless the car has an idle air control issue you shouldn't have any (well not very much anyways lol) trouble getting an 06 nissan altima to sit at at 1500 rpm for 15 seconds. if i can do it successfully so can anyone else.

I just feather the throttle very gently. No need to put it in gear or mess with the brakes. Have done it on nissans quite a bit lately (along with chevy silverados and various bmws). You have to be very smooth to get it to stay at 1500 but it can be done.

Re: 2006 nissan altima

Best Answer I Can Give
 Fine, do it your way.
Hurting anything? Hell, the car COLD, idles faster than that. How many SLAM it in gear and take off at a HIGH idle cold.
Why screw around waste time and MONEY? Put it in gear and raise the idle too the lowest number.

 How many vehicles come in daily with idle not where it is to be? How many turn it down for the timing?

 People don't give a RAT'S ASS. Just give me the GD Certificate. If people cared you would not see tire pressure lights on all day.

  JUST LET ME DRIVE MY VEHICLE. People HATE US. We make them worry if they are going to spend money. They love us as much as we all LOVE the Dentist.

Re: 2006 nissan altima

 How many SLAM it in gear and take off at a HIGH idle cold.
That is not applying pressure against the clutches of the automatic transmission like power braking it will.

Re: 2006 nissan altima

I love my dentist though...

Re: 2006 nissan altima

scanner
No One wrote
I love my dentist though...
Me too.... and it has nothing to do with the nitrous.

Re: 2006 nissan altima

RICHARDCRANIUM
Sometimes simple diagnostics of an automatic transmission will require power braking for specified time for pressure readings etc. So that being said you ain't gonna hurt anything in 15 seconds or the trans was junk anyway.
Shop owner 21 Years, 37+ year Smog Technician.
Inspector and repair Tech. I began in the BAR 84 platform.
Been current ever since. Momma said I hit my head a lot as a kid!

Re: 2006 nissan altima

none
Maybe I'm paranoid. I smoked a BMW ZF auto transmission in about 1992 before they changed to idle only and they still got the 2500 rpm test. BMW replaced the transmission for free fortunately.

RICHARD, You may know the shop I was at back then. It was Mountain Auto.

Re: 2006 nissan altima

Just did one today. Take the rpm up slowly, it will still stay stable as it barely goes over the 1250 rpm range and do the same at the higher rpm.

Re: 2006 nissan altima

Best Answer I Can Give
 The REAL Legit question is, WHY THAT VEHICLE? Grandmas car?