2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

mdpepper
2006 ford mustang has an after market spacer on throttle body, the spacer has no part number, customer printed a E.O. number of his computer and paste it on the car. I failed the car Tamper . he says its OK, what do you think?

CHROME spacer with not part number

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

none
I would use Google Images for the make and part number and when it looks NOTHING like his I would tell him to get the original sticker from the manufacturer.

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

mdpepper
the chrome spacer has no part number, no manufacture stamp , no E.O. Carb factory sticker, just a label from a label maker pasted on the cars body.

JUST A SHINNY CHROME SPACER

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

none
The EO# on the label had all that information though. What was the EO#? Was it a 520 ?

I'm not saying I would have passed it. I bet the EO# was for one that didn't even look like it.

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

mdpepper
D-609-3 is the number on the label . it actually looks like it came from a label maker lol.

its like i buy a after market part from anywhere and slap a label from a label maker and say its CARB approved

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

No One
mdpepper wrote
D-609-3 is the number on the label . it actually looks like it came from a label maker lol.

its like i buy a after market part from anywhere and slap a label from a label maker and say its CARB approved
Ive gotten cars with k and n cold air intakes that have the EO# sticker on there where the k and doesn't make it for that make and model.

I usually do my due diligence before failing + giving the customer the # to the ref if they want to contest the smog inspection results.

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

So if you look up D-609-3 it is for a POWERAID brand throttlebody spacer and when you look it up on their website it is RED. I would show them that and that the part on that mustang cannot possibly be the match for that EO#.

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/aftermkteo.php

https://www.airaid.com/450-610-airaid-throttle-body-spacer for V8
https://www.airaid.com/450-613-airaid-throttle-body-spacer for V6

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

mdpepper
we only get 15-30 mins to smog vehicles. its one of them coupon smog checks. its safer to fail than abort

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

none
mdpepper wrote
we only get 15-30 mins to smog vehicles...
That should be plenty of time usually for OIS smog checks. I wouldn't abort either because I don't know if you can charge for an abort but you still get paid on the FAIL.

My point was just that you can usually show them that they don't have the right part for the EO# OR verify with the pictures that it is the right part and EO# to cover your butt if you pass it. It takes no time at all to look it up.

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

Able
So if you look up D-609-3 it is for a POWERAID brand throttlebody spacer and when you look it up on their website it is RED. I would show them that and that the part on that mustang cannot possibly be the match for that EO#.

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/aftermkteo.php

https://www.airaid.com/450-610-airaid-throttle-body-spacer for V8
https://www.airaid.com/450-613-airaid-throttle-body-spacer for V6

Thats the ones Ive been seeing with my customer. I pass them because they have original EO# sticker,.

In the OP's case, I would fail it as well or Referee it.

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

Got a jeep Cherokee today with headers on it and no EO#. Tried searching for similar looking ones and most had a disclaimer on the site that said "not legal for sale in California" or "not carb approved" Told the customer that im not passing it. Customer tried telling it was legal.

Was looking for more information trying see if I found any that look similar and were CARB approved. Found this jeep forum discussing the topic.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/california-legal-headers-199019/

headers look like pic above.

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

138541
No One wrote

headers look like pic above.
i believe dorman makes a replacement manifold that looks just like that. Considered factory replacement.

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

No One
138541 wrote
No One wrote
Got a jeep Cherokee today with headers on it and no EO#. Tried searching for similar looking ones and most had a disclaimer on the site that said "not legal for sale in California" or "not carb approved" Told the customer that im not passing it. Customer tried telling it was legal.

Was looking for more information trying see if I found any that look similar and were CARB approved. Found this jeep forum discussing the topic.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/california-legal-headers-199019/

headers look like pic above.
i believe dorman makes a replacement manifold that looks just like that. Considered factory replacement.
How would I know if its Dorman? I didn't see any product name stamped on it. I just visited their website too. Couldn't find much info. If they are legal to have, I have no problem passing it without an eo #, but how would I be able to tell.

The website I got the pic I posted from said not carb complaint.

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

none
https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-ECCPP-Automotive-Replacement-Manifolds/dp/B0777KPM18

It is listed as a "replacement part" so no EO# is required. I would pass it but you need to do what you think is right.

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

laziiee
Those are replacement manifold, very common on Jeep

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

https://www.protuninglab.com/hds-jc9140-t2.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=824313974083

Check this one out.

I saw some on amazon like that too. Some said not carb approved other had no disclaimer. Would shit like this be in the gray area. I don't want to be failing cars that don't need to be failed.

Re: 2006ford mustang spacer on throttle body

dcf1ver
No One wrote
https://www.protuninglab.com/hds-jc9140-t2.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=824313974083

Check this one out.

I saw some on amazon like that too. Some said not carb approved other had no disclaimer. Would shit like this be in the gray area. I don't want to be failing cars that don't need to be failed.
Its not gray area, its a replacement part. It looks exactly like the OE part.

(in the future you can try googling "how to remove XXX part" and there will likely be sevral videos and you can see what the OG part looks like. )

https://youtu.be/tow2JQhvYak