2007 Chevy 2500HD w/Edge Evol

BlueSky
Customer states it's only to monitor the temp, rpms while towing, it is not changing the computer program at all.  The Edge web page doesn't seem to show a device for that year make model.  Would you take the customer at his word or make him remove it.  It there a way to tell if it is changing the program at this time?

Re: 2007 Chevy 2500HD w/Edge Evol

Karupt
what is this Edge Evol thing i have heard it mentioned twice on this forum already ?

Re: 2007 Chevy 2500HD w/Edge Evol

BlueSky
Karupt wrote
what is this Edge Evol thing i have heard it mentioned twice on this forum already ?
It's a programmer.
BTW, I found the EO#D451-4 for this unit so it's legal.

Re: 2007 Chevy 2500HD w/Edge Evol

FiendFX
For me, it's only legal if I see a sticker. FPR future..

Re: 2007 Chevy 2500HD w/Edge Evol

Voltron
Its a programmer and it is carb legal. Usually the sticker is on the back, however no sticker no pass

Re: 2007 Chevy 2500HD w/Edge Evol

cosmokramertheassman
Really? Even if you can read a part number on the actual part and verify on the manufacturer's website that it's legal? Still "no sticker, no pass" in that instance?

Re: 2007 Chevy 2500HD w/Edge Evol

Voltron
Im almost 100% sure the law is no carb sticker no pass. I personally dont pass anything modified without carb sticker.

Re: 2007 Chevy 2500HD w/Edge Evol

I generally require an EO label for a pass, but I will reject rather than fail if it's missing, because I don't want to FuPR the previous tech over for legally going the extra mile to determine that it was acceptable.

Re: 2007 Chevy 2500HD w/Edge Evol

Decker

Re: 2007 Chevy 2500HD w/Edge Evol

cosmokramertheassman
^^Yep. I go the extra mile but I can see Barry's reasoning too. Reject rather than fail and move on to the next.

Re: 2007 Chevy 2500HD w/Edge Evol

Decker wrote
1.3.2 Visual inspection

A missing or illegible APL (aftermarket parts label) does not constitute a failure....provided the parts can be confirmed as CARB approved or exempted by comparing the part # with EO listings or parts manufacturer log.
I always try to look up the EO# and then I use my label maker and print out the EO# and place it on the part or next to the under hood label so I don't have to look it up next time and hopefully don't get dinged if it goes somewhere else.