2007 mini cooper MIL after asm test

GrossPolluter
Does the 2007 mini coopers MIL light up have anything to do with the analyzer reading data? I don't remember clearly but some vehicles like the Mercedes MIL will light up after u plug in the cable to the DLC but it would pass the Functional test.

Our technician ran the ASM, it was a CAN vehicle so it bypassed the functional but the MIL turned on. By the book it FAILS but my question is the 07 MINI coopers model one of those models that the light will pass even if the MIL is ON because of the DLC connected?

Re: 2007 mini cooper MIL after asm test

Raymond323
Nope I've smoged a lot of those coopers. Light never comes on.

Re: 2007 mini cooper MIL after asm test

Troll
Yup. Clear it and no fuss or lawsuit .don't say nothing.

Re: 2007 mini cooper MIL after asm test

  Yes MIL comes on after ASM with some transmission codes, that's why I TSI all 07 and newer Coopers.  I know this because we have an account with a Mini dealer and smog all their used cars.

Re: 2007 mini cooper MIL after asm test

SMOG 1
MIL comes on because it detects no movement of the rear wheels

Re: 2007 mini cooper MIL after asm test

FiendFX
Weird thing is that should be related to transmission since it's a FWD. ABS light should be on only. Bizzare right?

Re: 2007 mini cooper MIL after asm test

Raymond323
I've had mil come on a lot of porches after test with transmission code but never mini. I just clear the code they leave and never come back soo i guess its triggered from dyno test. No damage to car. U can't do tsi test on cars that should go on dyno unless u not star and don't care about u score

Re: 2007 mini cooper MIL after asm test

kfworry
The BAR Cops will not question why a vehicle did not get an ASM.
There are many vehicles with questionable ASM testing criteria.
It will NOT affect your STAR score.

Re: 2007 mini cooper MIL after asm test

I did a porsche cayman failed because MIL came on during the test. He took it to porsche dealer and they did TSI and came back to me demanded for refund.

Re: 2007 mini cooper MIL after asm test

It will affect the RPM deviation.

Re: 2007 mini cooper MIL after asm test

Jones

Re: 2007 mini cooper MIL after asm test

Jones

Re: 2007 mini cooper MIL after asm test

Incorrect gear is monitor by RPM man. You're in higher gear, rpm is lower. Lower gear is vice versa.