2008 Chevy Malibu 2.4 Ecotec

thepollutants
Are you fucking kidding me? Is this drive-by-wire or it some kind of CVT? Tried all the tricks, double pedal, shifting from low to intermediate, nothing worked. Kept hunting around between gears.

What's the procedure for calling BAR so they don't ding me for TSI'ing that vehicle?

Re: 2008 Chevy Malibu 2.4 Ecotec

kfworry
I would TSI it for non-disengageable traction control.
I do not think you will get questioned or dinged for a TSI on it.
I've done 2004 Toyota Sienna Van TSI's because of the ETC, "drive-by-wire", problems.
BAR has never challenged me on it.
Just TSI the damn thing and get onto the next test.
If you call the BAR they will give you "their" opinion,
NOT knowing the issues with ETC, "Electronic Throttle Control".

Re: 2008 Chevy Malibu 2.4 Ecotec

GrossPolluter
I would TSI is too, I haven't got any deviations from the past vehicles that I couldn't ASM.

Next time when inspection is up, it would not matter. NO ASM

Re: 2008 Chevy Malibu 2.4 Ecotec

Kriss Vector

Re: 2008 Chevy Malibu 2.4 Ecotec

mike
I can offer one tip on TSI testing
Idle fluctuation is frustrating on some of these vehicles.
Turn steering wheel all the way to the left or right and that will most times stabilize the idle test

Re: 2008 Chevy Malibu 2.4 Ecotec

jmingione
This is a referee action. The only way you TSI is by the 5 options given you or the machine requires a non-attainment test. A non-conforming vehicle is NOT one of them. Send to referee as untestable and get on to the next victim.
Jon

Re: 2008 Chevy Malibu 2.4 Ecotec

Jon
No Ding in Star if you choose TSI over ASM. There will be no TSI/ASM six month from now. Its Tech Call. Period. No Referee BS. Don't loose your money. Other smog shop are looking for business you reject. Don't listen all those Clever A__SES.