2008 Range Rover EGR

FiendFX
Hood label states no EGR. It does have EGR monitor. EGR valve is present. What would you do?

Re: 2008 Range Rover EGR

smogido
Put down that it has an EGR.

Re: 2008 Range Rover EGR

I guess I would put pass for EGR. Truth be told, I wouldn't even have noticed whether or not it had an EGR under the engine cover if it didn't say so on the label.

Re: 2008 Range Rover EGR

FiendFX
none,

Maybe you dont get many of these.. If you do get a Jaguar, the EGR looks similar to this one also.

Re: 2008 Range Rover EGR

cosmokramertheassman
It all looks stock, so I'd probably assume the label is incorrect. I've seen many errors on various underhood labels before.

Re: 2008 Range Rover EGR

I wouldn't say I do too many at all but I did a 2005 LR3 earlier today but it said EGR on the under-hood label. If it didn't I wouldn't have looked for it. I will NOW!

Re: 2008 Range Rover EGR

Yup, incorrect label on all of these models. This is not the only make either. Same goes with the Chrysler 300, shows 4 CATs but it only has 2..

Re: 2008 Range Rover EGR

none,

Yes, those LR3 Does shows EGR. But not on the Range Rovers..

Re: 2008 Range Rover EGR

defective
http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/00-Jaguar-VP-V8-td5028229i20.html

I would enter pass for EGR and make note of it in the VIR comments section.  It was around 2005 that Land Rover replaced the BMW engine with the Jaguar AJ-V8.

Re: 2008 Range Rover EGR

there was an error made on label i would have looked at another source such as Motor or Alldata ecs to verify that indeed it comes with an egr then look for defects then enter P . There are some veci labels that tell too little , such as the Ford and Gm , states TWC , HO2s but it doesn't tell us how many!

Re: 2008 Range Rover EGR

FiendFX
karupt,

yes that's common on ford to not state how many o2 sensors or TWC. but it's usually on the newer models.

Re: 2008 Range Rover EGR

Apparently they got it figured out by the next year. Here is a picture of the label on a 2009 Range Rover Sport.