2009 hyundai genesis 3.8l EGR?

BlueSky
When scanned with 3 different scanners this vehicle shows it has an EGR.  There is no emission decal underhood.  Motors doesn't show it has an EGR, yet there are numerous blogs stating there car is failing for egr monitor.  I pulled the top engine cover and couldn't find any sign of egr.  Does it have one and if it does where is it.

Re: 2009 hyundai genesis 3.8l EGR?

smogido
It does not have one. It has VVT.

EGR & Variable Valve Timing
One item that’s going the way of the smog pump is the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve. The elimination of the EGR valve is the result of the VVT’s ability to control gases entering and exiting the combustion chamber.

Re: 2009 hyundai genesis 3.8l EGR?

Voltron
I dont think so. I think it had to to with the cvvt

Re: 2009 hyundai genesis 3.8l EGR?

What does the hood label says? EGR monitor could also means VVT monitor.

Re: 2009 hyundai genesis 3.8l EGR?

BlueSky
FiendFX wrote
What does the hood label says? EGR monitor could also means VVT monitor.
As I stated in my original post, "There is no emission decal underhood."

Re: 2009 hyundai genesis 3.8l EGR?

BlueSky
smogido wrote
It does not have one. It has VVT.

EGR & Variable Valve Timing
One item that’s going the way of the smog pump is the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve. The elimination of the EGR valve is the result of the VVT’s ability to control gases entering and exiting the combustion chamber.
I went to the local Hyundai dealer and talked to their "Master Tech."  He said the Genesis 3.8l does not have an EGR valve, that the VVT controls the NOX.  He had no idea what the computer looks for to set the EGR monitor or why the EGR monitor is there in the first place.  Maybe that's why they don't smog vehicles at this dealer.

Re: 2009 hyundai genesis 3.8l EGR?

smwalker
Service Manual Page

TSB that maybe releveant but from 2007.
2007 TSB

Re: 2009 hyundai genesis 3.8l EGR?

Nice links, smwalker ... thanks and welcome.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107