2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 w/ 5.3 engine

WealdstoneRaider
How many converters does this truck have equipped? ARB states 3, walker exhaust shows 3 as well, but Motor shows 2 and a chevy oem parts online website shows 2 when I entered vin. Truck had label missing coming in and only had 2 converters but if I recall they start having the smaller 3rd non monitored converter on the bottom in the newer years no?
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 w/ 5.3 engine

KeepItReal
WealdstoneRaider wrote
How many converters does this truck have equipped?
2009 and newer has 3

Re: 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 w/ 5.3 engine

There's a conflict in literature the older trucks only had two catalytic converters but the newer ones have three. This is a judgment call you're going to need to make on your own if it's an older car or truck I should say and the exhaust system looks stock I would pass it

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/2010-Chevy-Silverado-1500-w-5-3-engine-tp5080451.html

Re: 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 w/ 5.3 engine

WealdstoneRaider wrote
How many converters does this truck have equipped? ARB states 3, walker exhaust shows 3 as well, but Motor shows 2 and a chevy oem parts online website shows 2 when I entered vin. Truck had label missing coming in and only had 2 converters but if I recall they start having the smaller 3rd non monitored converter on the bottom in the newer years no?
It's too bad the vehicle doesn't have a underhood label.  The CARB cat look up table only has the flex-fuel version listed.   AGMXT05.3381

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2010/gm_ldt_a0061634_4d8-5d3_b4u2_e85.pdf

That one shows 2 cats upfront, and one behind them.

There is one that has 4 cats.  It's not listed on the CARB cat look up table.   It's straight gas powered.

AGMXT05.3377

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2010/gm_ldt_a0061632_5d3_b4u2.pdf

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like the 4 cat version is for a Colorado, not a Sliverado.

Everything goes out the window if the vehicle is Federal certified.  If you got a buddy at the dealer, you might want to ask him what is the certification of the vehicle.

When you come down to it, the consumer is not paying you enough to look this stuff up.   Fail it, tell the consumer to make an appointment with the Referee to challenge your smog inspection.   Let the Referee hash this out.  It's a lot easier to do a retest rather than knocking yourself out searching for the info.  Let the Referee take all the responsibility.

Re: 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 w/ 5.3 engine

WealdstoneRaider
It had an intake so underhood label was missing. I did fail it and invited him to contact referee/ place complaint ( I highlighted the ''If you believe this results are an error you may set an appointment with referee'' etc) My co worker mentioned he would of passed it due to motor book stating it has 2 ( he disregarded what Walker or ARB website shows or that Motor book is filled with errors  ) . Eh ya know the usual techs never agree.. But as Keep it Real mentioned I knew around the 09-10 & newer models they start having the 3rd one equipped.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 w/ 5.3 engine

Juicebox
Had the cats been replaced or did it look original?