2012 2013 dodge ram 5.7 liter SAYS EGR

seeerg707
2012 2013 dodge ram 5.7 states it has EGR . No where to be found.  Maybe manufacturers error like like 2003 GMC envoy Chevy Trail blazer .
Any one has come across the same problem ?
Serg

Re: 2012 2013 dodge ram 5.7 liter SAYS EGR

No One
seeerg707 wrote
My all data shows it on driver side. My book also shows it has it. If no under the hood label, Id fail. And i came across a truck like that last year. No under the hood label, customer told me he had ordered the label after failing somewhere else. Tried to get me to pass it. Told him to come back with the label on and id pass. He never came back.

Re: 2012 2013 dodge ram 5.7 liter SAYS EGR

seeerg707
I've bee putting N/A came across this situation multiple times . You think it's a manufacturer error? Maybe EGR is internal?
Serg

Re: 2012 2013 dodge ram 5.7 liter SAYS EGR

smog frogposter
seeerg707 wrote
It doesn't have an EGR, I've had that same exact RAM come in a number of times with and without the VESSY decal and it can be very confusing because the emissions application manual and even alldata states it does. Do not get confused with the VVT system substituting it for the EGR, you may have readiness monitors prompt complete for EGR but that's the VVT.

Re: 2012 2013 dodge ram 5.7 liter SAYS EGR

No One
smog frogposter wrote
seeerg707 wrote
2012 2013 dodge ram 5.7 states it has EGR . No where to be found.  Maybe manufacturers error like like 2003 GMC envoy Chevy Trail blazer .
Any one has come across the same problem ?
It doesn't have an EGR, I've had that same exact RAM come in a number of times with and without the VESSY decal and it can be very confusing because the emissions application manual and even alldata states it does. Do not get confused with the VVT system substituting it for the EGR, you may have readiness monitors prompt complete for EGR but that's the VVT.
Good to know

BAR should issue a list for known cars that are mislabeled.

What is the Test Group Number?   That will eliminate all doubt.

Re: 2012 2013 dodge ram 5.7 liter SAYS EGR

Hard Nox
I have run into the Dodge Truck 5.7L that is in question here.

Clean as could be, seemed to be a nice straight truck.

Under hood label called for EGR.  NO EGR on this vehicle.
Bailed out of this OIS test. Recommended take it to Dodge for verification, and maybe a new under hood label.

Don't believe a Dodge 5.7 has VVT system.

No Cert signed off by me on that one.

Re: 2012 2013 dodge ram 5.7 liter SAYS EGR

seeerg707
Good to know guys . Now I'm not worried !! Next time I will get engine family number!
Serg

Re: 2012 2013 dodge ram 5.7 liter SAYS EGR

defective

Re: 2012 2013 dodge ram 5.7 liter SAYS EGR

Re: 2012 2013 dodge ram 5.7 liter SAYS EGR

Technician A
I first saw Scanner post the link. He is 10th level Google master I think.

Re: 2012 2013 dodge ram 5.7 liter SAYS EGR

FiendFX wrote
That is a great find. How did you discover this webpage? Very invaluable.
It is in the "pinned" Useful Smog Check Informational Links above.