2012 Porsche 911

ThePharmacist
How the hell do you do a visual check ?

Re: 2012 Porsche 911

No One
ThePharmacist wrote
How the hell do you do a visual check ?
is this picture for ants?

Re: 2012 Porsche 911

Able
Got lots of those around my area.

Youtube it. Basically, you open the top and take about 3 panels out.

I charge $20 more for cover removal. Also I tell customers over the phone that if they take off the panels in the parking space I waive the $20.

$80 out the door.

Re: 2012 Porsche 911

Re: 2012 Porsche 911

none
Troll wrote
A couple of bar reps state you don't have to remove anything for visual.
It's on the book also....
Where is it in the book? I've never found it regarding visual inspections but would love to know.

On the Boxsters and Caymen I pull the covers or have the customer pull them. I guess I've never done a 2012 911 yet.

Re: 2012 Porsche 911

Able
Customer tells me at the dealership its $300 for the smog.

Re: 2012 Porsche 911

Best Answer I Can Give
 Trouble is, I have never seen where it says, "You Must Pull Covers" I have never seen where it says "Don't pull covers"
 If you want to get CRAZY, a intake manifold is a cover for a Cam shaft. See if it is stock. Valve COVERS. Do you need to pull them to make sure it does have after market rockers?

 WHERE DOES IT END? A post awhile back was about this. No one ever said this is the way it is.

 It all goes down to a station must have the tools to do the job. Where does that stop?

Re: 2012 Porsche 911

BayAreaSmogTech
ThePharmacist wrote
How the hell do you do a visual check ?

Ask the customer to pull the engine access cover or charge him half hour and pull/reinstall it yourself. Have you never smogged a boxster or astro van? This is par for the course.

Pay special attention for throttle spacer. Seems to be the most common mod.

Re: 2012 Porsche 911

These are $250 minimum in my shop for the smog there is a procedure for doing them but it's long and lengthy and you got to be really careful removing the panels because he worp or crack any of them it's a $2,000 repair. On the Mac Tools truck for about $130 there is a flexible camera attachment that attaches to your cell phone which turns their cell phone into the monitor which works really good for doing the visual inspection and putting the snake around the panel without having to physically remove it

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/2012-Porsche-911-tp5081068.html