2013 Smog Manual ASM testing

Rohan
all agree or not????? station using OIS/BAR97

Tailpipe Emission Inspection. SCM 1-12 page 8, 1.2.1
Heavy duty vehicle with GVWR of 8,501 or greater TSI???? No more ASM. My ass is covered??

Re: 2013 Smog Manual ASM testing

cosmokramertheassman
I understand it as a GVWR of 8,501 or greater AND a very heavy rear axle of more than 5,000 lbs.

So maybe a GM pickup with a 9,200 lb GVWR and construction equipment permanently installed (welded) on the rear of the truck. Something like that.

Re: 2013 Smog Manual ASM testing

missing
cosmokramertheassman wrote
I understand it as a GVWR of 8,501 or greater AND a very heavy rear axle of more than 5,000 lbs.

So maybe a GM pickup with a 9,200 lb GVWR and construction equipment permanently installed (welded) on the rear of the truck. Something like that.
understood like you, great here we go judging the weight of crap of these work trucks.

Re: 2013 Smog Manual ASM testing

If it fits the dyno and it's under 9999, you should run ASM...

Re: 2013 Smog Manual ASM testing

Rohan
friendex don't be naive, follow the 2013 smog manual, anything above 8501 lbs and up TSI. Thats the law.

Re: 2013 Smog Manual ASM testing

Rohan, don't be naive, use the 2009 manual for BAR-97 tests until the hard start date.  That's the law.

http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/PubWebQuery/EtBlast/PrintMsg.aspx?QryMessageKey=37124

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: 2013 Smog Manual ASM testing

Rohan
Thanks Barry and FriendEx I apologize. Agree with 100% with Barry.  Thanks.

Re: 2013 Smog Manual ASM testing

EO144107

Re: 2013 Smog Manual ASM testing

This question was on the Smog Tech License test, did you missed this questions? :D