2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

It's the Fuel Monitor that's incomplete.  My GoogleFu is a bit under the weather, but I seem to remember reading here or there that Continuous Monitor readiness issues are ignored by the CA OIS.  Should I just run the turdbucket and see if it passes (it belongs to my boss, or I wouldn't have even pre-scanned it)?

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

Bobbie_D
I double checked and I believe that is for the wrangler 3.8 Barry!

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

Ser Dan
Yeah man OIS ignores continuous monitors
you are good to go

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

I'm sure it is too late now but YES on gasoline vehicle it is ignored, The continuous monitors (misfire, fuel, comprehensive components are ignored during OBD test of “gas” vehicles.

Foot note 2 on the bottom of page 3. https://www.bar.ca.gov/pdf/On-Board_Diagnostic_Test_Reference.pdf

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

Bobbie_D
Thanks None I blew past the footnotes!

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

I ran it first thing this morning and it certified without issues.  Thanks to all.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

Best Answer I Can Give
 But why is this allowed?
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

But why is this allowed?
Prob because some big shot made a big fuss out of it when their car wouldn't pass.

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

Best Answer I Can Give
 Hey what do I say? FOLLOW THE MONEY
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

But why is this allowed?
I don't think this is as sinister as you seem to think.

The comprehensive components originally were the continuation of the OBD1 system that continually looks for open or short. More advanced comprehensive components monitors will check for value that are out of range by using more advanced logic. On some of these cars they will still have to go through some certain drive cycle to complete the C/C because it is checking some sensors further. I know that some of the European cars will have C/C unset for a few days but it will go to "complete" after enough driving and warm ups. At least that's how I understand it from what I've read.

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

But why is this allowed?
I don't think this is as sinister as you seem to think.

On some of these cars they will still have to go through some certain drive cycle to complete the C/C because it is checking some sensors further. I know that some of the European cars will have C/C unset for a few days but it will go to "complete" after enough driving and warm ups. At least that's how I understand it from what I've read.
Mini coops

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

none
And Volvo S40 and Jaguar.

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

But why is this allowed?
I don't think this is as sinister as you seem to think.

The comprehensive components originally were the continuation of the OBD1 system that continually looks for open or short. More advanced comprehensive components monitors will check for value that are out of range by using more advanced logic. On some of these cars they will still have to go through some certain drive cycle to complete the C/C because it is checking some sensors further. I know that some of the European cars will have C/C unset for a few days but it will go to "complete" after enough driving and warm ups. At least that's how I understand it from what I've read.
but its so much easier to say bar is stupid

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

Best Answer I Can Give
BAR has nothing to do with it. AQMD does.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

BAR has nothing to do with it. AQMD does.
 What do they have to do with it?

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

Best Answer I Can Give
 Every one I have ever talked to says that AQMD makes up the rules. BAR is just to enforce them.

 AQMD is the one that Certs the Vehicle. States "Yes it is good to go"

 BAR does not say YES you can not FOLLOW the rules.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

I could be wrong BUT I'm pretty sure you are confusing CARB with AQMD.

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

Best Answer I Can Give
 What ever. the group that is in El Monte. The group that says "Yes" this aftermarket part is good to go. Or this vehicle is good to go. Those guys.

 My understanding is CARB California Air Resources Board, AQMD. Air Quality Management District. AQMD is under the EPA.

 Doesn't matter some group should have stood up and said, This is not RIGHT. Follow your own RULES.
Don't enforce rules you yourself are not WILLING to FOLLOW.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

I could be wrong BUT I'm pretty sure you are confusing CARB with AQMD.
yea i think aqmd is a socal thing

Re: 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L

Best Answer I Can Give
 OK so I looked them up. We all wrong. They only have to do with Cal.

 So what is the group that does the testing for EPA? They are the ones to blame.
I was always told it was done in El Monte.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.
12