2015 Isuzu NPR Diesel Permanent Code P2002

2015 Isuzu NPR Diesel Permanent Code P2002

BlueSky
So this vehicle failed 2 weeks ago with a Permanent Code P2002 Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold.  It had 2 Not Ready monitors PM Filter and NMHC Catalyst.  The customer installed a new PM Filter over 2000 miles ago.  The vehicle has been driven 233 miles and shows 21 warm-ups since codes were cleared.  I tested vehicle again today and it still fails for Permanent code  P2002 and it still has the same Not Ready monitors.  I thought that once the vehicle was driven for 200 miles and 15 warm-ups that the OIS would ignore the Permanent Code.
Do any of you know why it still failed?

Re: 2015 Isuzu NPR Diesel Permanent Code P2002

805smogtech
Is it a cabover?

I thought it only ignored it after the monitor cleared with 200 miles and 15 warm up cycles? And since you stated the monitor didn't run, how can it clear the perminent code? Maybe it needs to go through a regen??

Re: 2015 Isuzu NPR Diesel Permanent Code P2002

BlueSky
You are correct.  The corresponding monitor needs to be set.

Does anyone have any advice on how the customer should drive the vehicle to set the monitor?  Like I said before the vehicle has been driven over 2000 miles and it has a new factory PM Filter.  This repair shop has 2 vehicles with the same problem.

Re: 2015 Isuzu NPR Diesel Permanent Code P2002

805smogtech
Sorry, I'm not sure how to reset the monitor for it. Probably already tried the normal GM drive cycle? 55 mph cruise, warm up 2 minutes, 55mph cruise, coast down, 55 mph cruise, coast down etc...

I've only ever changed oil on those.

Re: 2015 Isuzu NPR Diesel Permanent Code P2002

I thought 2007+ diesels can have any 2 monitors and pdtc's ignored after 200 miles and 15 warmups since cleared?
If it ain't broke, break it.

Re: 2015 Isuzu NPR Diesel Permanent Code P2002

none
tampered wrote
I thought 2007+ diesels can have any 2 monitors and pdtc's ignored after 200 miles and 15 warmups since cleared?
That is what I thought too and I have passed a few cars with a PDTC set but over 200 miles and 15 warm ups and several diesels with two monitors incomplete (but not both).

Re: 2015 Isuzu NPR Diesel Permanent Code P2002

The regen needs to run and the warm ups completed so both monitors have set

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/2015-Isuzu-NPR-Diesel-Permanent-Code-P2002-tp5078252.html

That is what I thought too and I have passed a few cars with a PDTC set but over 200 miles and 15 warm ups and several diesels with two monitors incomplete (but not both).
If I would have read the BARs message a little slower I would not have asked the question....The only way to clear a PDTC is to fix the underlying problem that originally caused the PDTC and its corresponding DTC to set, and then allow the vehicle enough drive time to re-run the monitor that identified the problem in the first place.

Re: 2015 Isuzu NPR Diesel Permanent Code P2002

dcf1ver
BlueSky wrote
If I would have read the BARs message a little slower I would not have asked the question....The only way to clear a PDTC is to fix the underlying problem that originally caused the PDTC and its corresponding DTC to set, and then allow the vehicle enough drive time to re-run the monitor that identified the problem in the first place.
This is correct. Typically,once the underlying problem is repaired,the monitor runs fairly quickly on most vehicles with PDTCs.

Although I am unfamiliar with a NPR as we dont work on them here.

Re: 2015 Isuzu NPR Diesel Permanent Code P2002

Then what's with the 200/15 thing then? You fix the problem, clear it, the code's still there because it's permanent and needs the monitor to run, but it won't for whatever reason. Isn't that what the 200/15 is for?
If it ain't broke, break it.

Exactly. Early adapters of PDTCs have some issues running monitors and self clearing.  BAR has decided this is not on the consumer and the vehicle should be passed after 200/15,

AH, But as BLUESKY posted in the original post, IT DIDN'T.

Perhaps BAR decided to close the gaping loophole that PDTC provides!  HAW!
If it ain't broke, break it.

Re: 2015 Isuzu NPR Diesel Permanent Code P2002

dcf1ver
AH, But as BLUESKY posted in the original post, IT DIDN'T.
Yeah I guess I should put that it is supposed to pass after 200/15